PDA

View Full Version : Go ahead. Make my day.

Melalvai
10-05-2007, 01:27 PM
My commute passes through lots of college student housing. Not the student slums, this is for the kids whose mommies and daddies pay for college, and cell phones, and condos, and of course don't forget the SUV. I get a fair bit of harrassment from them, nothing too dangerous but annoying. Sometimes I holler "Cager!" or more recently, "I love you!" back at them.

Today a silver truck honked and yelled and passed me. I yelled back "I love you!" He SLAMMED on his brakes right in front of me. I slammed on my brakes and did not run into him.

His license plate was right in front of my face. I called 911 and reported his a$$!

That gave me the BEST feeling. I hope I get lots more like that so I can do it again!

mimitabby
10-05-2007, 01:36 PM
how wonderful that you got his license plate number. So many times, you are so frightened and trying to just stay alive that you don't manage to catch the plate!!!
bravo!

spokewench
10-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Keep us posted to see if the police go talk to him. You should follow up on this cause they usually don't

spoke

elk
10-07-2007, 10:45 PM
what's a cager?

Trek420
10-08-2007, 05:49 AM
what's a cager?

Is this right? From Wikipedia, source of all knowledge and wisdom

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cager

Melalvai
10-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Yeah, the car one, not the basketball thing. My friend used that term frequently.

elk
10-08-2007, 09:26 AM
makes sense to me!

pinkychique
10-15-2007, 12:49 PM
I had an experience similar to that! I was on an evening ride, and some car felt the need to get uncomfortably close to me while I was in a cross-walk, I hollered at him that I had the right-of-way, so he felt that he needed to actually get out of his car and come towards me to tell me off. :mad: Luckily there was a cop nearby, and he asked me what happened, and I told him why the guy got out of his car, and he said "Ok, I'm going to go get this guy." :p
It made my whole year!!! I didn't stick around to see it though, I had a ride to get to!

Melalvai
10-16-2007, 01:48 PM
Well, I haven't heard back from anyone, and I don't really want to check into it, because it will burst my bubble to find out that they didn't manage to pull the guy over and the matter has been dropped into the abysm of unimportant complaints.

I believe the best way to change behavior is education, and I will do my part to promote bicycle education among cyclists & drivers! We have some great LCI instructors in town, and I plan to become one if I end up in a town not as fortunate. In the meantime I help out by posting flyers & promoting the bike classes.