PDA

View Full Version : totally overwhelmed....

ginny
10-01-2007, 11:45 AM
Okay, so I have a Bianchi Eros Donna. I have not had it fit professionally, but I did measure everything and it seems 'pretty good' - yes, I need to get it dialed in. I just love this bike! I have the saddle it came with... now, ahem, for the most part it's all good... but the, ah, girl parts get a bit... tender after about 30 miles. So, should I wait until I get the bike dialed in to bother switching out saddles? And, I'm about 5'6" 110# and narrow as a 12 year old boy. So, I just don't even know where to start. I have read some threads. It seems like I should take a bunch of saddles out a on 50 mile rides to make up my mind... but I don't see how that's possible. Are there maybe guidelines where to start? My saddle isn't killing me, I don't hate it, never had a saddle sores, but it does make me a tad sore and tender in the girl areas. Do people usually like the saddle that comes with that bike? Any pointers would be appreciated.

mimitabby
10-01-2007, 12:15 PM
It seems to me that a large percentage of women do not like the saddle that came on their bike.

march back to the store and complain! the parts of you that are sore WILL NOT get toughened up- it's position or saddle!

DirtDiva
10-01-2007, 02:38 PM
Do all your fit tweaks before you get a new saddle, but do be prepared to try something else if that makes no difference - as mimi says, anything soft that hurts isn't likelyto toughen up.