PDA

View Full Version : New Pedals

tricycling
11-23-2004, 02:17 PM
I purchased performance ulte pro clippless pedals. Ever since I purchased them about a month ago, I hear clicking.... like... what you hear when you pour milk into rice crispy cereal...lol.

I havnt greased them properly (WD-40) is that bad?
Ok ok tell me im crazy....go on.

can anything cause the problem?

SadieKate
12-03-2004, 03:52 PM
Have you checked to see if your cleat is tight? Did you use Loctite on the screws?

ultegra
12-03-2004, 08:20 PM
It's also possible that your pedals are not tightened properly.

Trek420
12-07-2004, 08:07 AM
tricycling admitted "I havnt greased them properly (WD-40) is that bad?"

did they click *before* you used WD-40?

I'm famously mechanicly challenged so don't quote me.... but I would not use WD-40 (for general pupose and cars) lube on a bike. I do use a little bit of WD-40 on a shop rag to loosen dirt and grime before cleaning. But then I clean and then lube the bike using a bike specific products.

"A clean bike is a happy bike" so a proper cleaning and lube might do the trick. :rolleyes:

LBTC
01-25-2005, 12:56 PM
Hey, tricycling!

I once had a clicking pedal. couldn't figure it out for the life of me. nobody else could make it click.

then I walked to the ladies room in my bike shoes. turns out the sole of my shoe was broken! heehee

hope you figured it out just fine!

namaste,
~T~

sarahfixit
01-25-2005, 10:54 PM
Make sure your shoe cleats are tight on the shoes.
Pull the pedals and apply a light coating of grease, any kind really, on the threads. Tighten forcefully.(I can actually say that here without the bodybuilders;) ).
I would also put on some chain lube where the cleat engages the pedal.

That should do it unless there is something more serious, like the crankset bolts.

bikerchick68
02-18-2005, 09:47 AM
hiya... weird... I had this same issue not long ago... had a odd clicking noise that started at the same time I got new shoes and moved my cleats onto them... I did everything I could think of only to find out that coincidentally, the bottom bracket had begun creaking at the same time... had the LBS clean and re-lube the bottom bracket and no more creak... go figure the two things happened at the same time... Murphy's law... yep, Murphy hates me!

good luck with it... :)