PDA

View Full Version : Out of curiosity

East Hill
09-30-2007, 12:05 PM
I was asked yesterday about whether or not the members here at TE are also members of other cycling forums.

I know I belong to Bike Forums, RatRod Bikes, Bike Coalition, and Mountain Bike Extreme (a mountain bike forum based in Yorkshire, England).

Do you all have the same names at the various forums? I know I don't always use the same name, and was wondering if I'd recognise you all.

East Hill

Zen
09-30-2007, 12:16 PM
you'd recognize me :D
But there is one local forum where I use another name.

RoadRaven
09-30-2007, 12:26 PM
I belong to BikeJournal but haven't been in there for months - same name.

We had a local forum for our club last year, but it folded unfortunately, but I had the same name there too.

EDIT: I think I also joind RoadBikeReview... (same name) but I don't think I ever posted there...

East Hill
09-30-2007, 01:13 PM
you'd recognize me :D
But there is one local forum where I use another name.

Yes, I would :D ! I don't belong to any local forums here in the Pacific Northwest. I suppose I would if I joined the Cascade Bicycle Club (something I've been meaning to do for ages :o ).

East Hill

Pax
09-30-2007, 01:15 PM
I belong to Bikeforums but the place has such a dizzying number sub forums that it's hard to "belong".

My regular motorcycling forum is owned my a guy who does Ironman, he's thinking of starting a bike forum for those of us on the board who love to cycle. I'd enjoy a brand spanking new forum.

East Hill
09-30-2007, 01:16 PM
I belong to BikeJournal but haven't been in there for months - same name.

We had a local forum for our club last year, but it folded unfortunately, but I had the same name there too.

EDIT: I think I also joind RoadBikeReview... (same name) but I don't think I ever posted there...

I don't belong to either of those two. I did join another one (Cycling Forum or something), but can't remember exactly which one it was. I was not impressed with it, though.

I should look more closely at RoadBikeReview (it's not as if I need to join yet another forum though, except perhaps the Cascade Bicycle Club local forum :rolleyes: ).

East Hill

KnottedYet
09-30-2007, 01:23 PM
BikeJournal. Also Seattle Triathlon and Beginner Triathlon, but I haven't been there in ages.

And the BikeSpace (?) thing that Mimi got me interested in. I can't remember what it's called. I guess it's like My Space, but for bikes. I couldn't figure out how to post pics of my bikes and haven't been back cuz I just don't understand!!! And now I've forgotten even the name of the forum... but I do remember my username and password. I want to make it work.:confused:

Oh, yeah, I'm me wherever I go.

East Hill
09-30-2007, 01:31 PM
I belong to Bikeforums but the place has such a dizzying number sub forums that it's hard to "belong".

My regular motorcycling forum is owned my a guy who does Ironman, he's thinking of starting a bike forum for those of us on the board who love to cycle. I'd enjoy a brand spanking new forum.

I agree, it does seem that BF is a place where you settle into certain forums, and really don't break out to other places.

It would seem also that a motorcycle board with a forum for those who like bicycles might be nice--it seems as if a lot of motorcyclists also love their bicycles. Sometimes it seems as if the folks with motorcycles spend more time talking about the motorbikes than the non-motorised ones!

East Hill

Pax
09-30-2007, 01:35 PM
I agree, it does seem that BF is a place where you settle into certain forums, and really don't break out to other places.

It would seem also that a motorcycle board with a forum for those who like bicycles might be nice--it seems as if a lot of motorcyclists also love their bicycles. Sometimes it seems as if the folks with motorcycles spend more time talking about the motorbikes than the non-motorised ones!

East Hill

It does seem that folks who love two wheels love them in almost every configuration. We have a bicycling thread there that has thousands and thousands of posts and 150K views, the site owner thinks a completely separate site would be a good thing. If it happens I'll pass along the word for anyone who's interested. I love TE and would never leave here but I know a lot of folks there so it's be like an "old" new forum for me. :p

East Hill
09-30-2007, 01:40 PM
That sounds very interesting indeed, Queen!

East Hill

sgtiger
09-30-2007, 02:21 PM
Yep, I use the same handle on other cycling forums except maybe one. I may have registered as tigersister (nickname my mom gave me) on one, but I can't remember right now:o (expecting those hot flashes to start anytime now;) :p ). I don't do a lot of posting to any of the others though.

East Hill, I'm sure you can post on the Cascade forums without being a member. I know some people who do just that. In fact, I think a couple are anti-Cascade. :confused:

East Hill
09-30-2007, 04:02 PM
^^^
I will have to take a look at that, but I should still join!

I've just remembered that I am at Bike Journal too, but it's so slow to load...I don't think I've ever posted in the forum.

Same problem with RoadBikeReview--I don't like the format they use, and they are slow to load.

East Hill

Tuckervill
09-30-2007, 06:53 PM
I was Tuckervill before Tanya Tucker. :mad: :D

I've been using this same name since 1996, when I first got on AOL and they wouldn't allow more than 10 letters in screennames. Thus, there is no "e" on Tuckervill. :)

Everywhere I go I use this name, unless I have good reasons not to. ;)

Karen

Eden
09-30-2007, 07:10 PM
I wouldn't be able to keep myself straight if I used a different avatar and screen name on different forums.... I use same ones on Cascade and Cycling Forums.com
I used to belong to an old time radio board too (I suppose I still do, but I ran out of shows that I didn't have to download!) and I used this avatar
http://www.pseudophyle.com/avatar.gif

crazycanuck
09-30-2007, 07:21 PM
I'm crazycanuckoz at bikejournal & most aussie bike boards

C

kelownagirl
09-30-2007, 07:35 PM
I go by Kelownagirl at bikejournal and beginnertriathlete and thats te handle I use most places. If I can't have kelownagirl, then I try kelownagurl and sometimes kelownagurrl. :)

salsabike
09-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Bikeforums, Bike Journal, Cascade Bicycle Club. Have posted very little on the other forums.