PDA

View Full Version : Apparel

sulis
11-03-2004, 05:48 AM
Does anyone know where I might be able to find some longer biking and running tights or pants that are actually made for a those of us with longer inseams? I have a 34 inch inseam. The tights and pants I have found claim that 31 inch inseam is tall. I want to ride while I still can, despite the chill but a few inches of coverage can make a huge difference from a great ride to a down right chilly one. :) I'm sure I can't be the only with this problem. I've tried the mens section but their bodies aren't made the same and its really uncomfortable. Anyone have any recommendations for a website or particular style? Thanks

pedalfaster
11-03-2004, 12:41 PM
Have you tried roadrunnersports.com?

They offer "talls" in their house brand (RRS) that are two inches longer than their regular tights. Still not quite 34" (unless you are a size XL) but getting closer. Sucks when your ankles are cold huh?
;)

tights (http://www.roadrunnersports.com/cgi-bin/rrs/rrs/rrSearchResults.jsp?catOID0=-8969&sortBy=PROD_TYPE&redirect=true&gender=Female&attGENDER0=Female&attWIDTH_VALUE8=&attSIZE_VALUE9=&displayImages=1&BV_SessionID=@@@@1205193126.1099516742@@@@&BV_EngineID=eadclldfjlhjbekgcgecfeedg.0&attPROD_TYPE0=Tights&findVendor=%2Fimages%2Frr%2Fvendors%2Froad_runner.gif%7ERRS)

sizing (http://www.roadrunnersports.com/cgi-bin/rrs/rrs/sizingApparelRRS.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1205193126.1099516742@@@@&BV_EngineID=eadclldfjlhjbekgcgecfeedg.0)

trekin'
11-03-2004, 01:08 PM
While we're on the subject, how about those of us with 27" inseam, and we're a tad larger than a size 2? My tights are about 4" too long!

It would be interesting to know how many women actually fit perfectly into those clothes designed for the "average" woman...

Dogmama
11-03-2004, 01:19 PM
I wonder how much is manufacturer's variations. Ever try on two pairs of jeans, same size, same everything, and have them fit differently? Liz Claibornes are famous for that.

If I find a good brand, e.g., P.I.'s on sale, I'll order them online. Otherwise, I need to try them on. I'm tired of sending stuff back and then writing a couple of letters to get my credit to my account.

spazzdog
11-03-2004, 04:11 PM
check out www.title9sports.com

They have stuff for women of all shapes and sizes (bras too, for you "generously endowed" grrls)

their return policy is excellent and fast.

trekin'
11-04-2004, 04:30 AM
Title 9 looks really promising...thanks!