PDA

View Full Version : Greasing Candy Pedals

Surlygirl
10-28-2004, 04:22 PM
Anyone have Candy pedals? I need to grease them but what kind of grease gun do I need and do I need a needle attachment? The grease port screws in the end of the pedal but the hole in the center is really small. Help!!

emily_in_nc
10-28-2004, 04:47 PM
Hi Surlygirl,

I have the same pedals (love 'em!), but they're new enough that I can't answer your question. I tried the Crank Brothers site but didn't find the answer in their FAQ either. You might try posting your question to the usenet group rec.bicycles.tech to see if someone there can help out. Good luck!

Emily

Surlygirl
10-28-2004, 05:06 PM
Thanks Emily,
I used the Pedros Syn Grease gun but I'm not sure if It pushes enough grease in because it didn't come out by the spindle like it should. It did grease it somewhat. I love the pedals.
Oh and on a side note I really enjoyed your site on your trip to Vermont. Hubby and I did the same thing in Sept. for our anniversary around Middlebury, VT.
Jody

emily_in_nc
10-29-2004, 07:55 AM
Hi Jody,

Thanks - but our tour was through upstate NY - not Vermont. On another thread I did mention doing a Bike Vermont inn-to-inn tour, but that was 15 years ago. The NY tour was this fall. We've ridden around Middlebury in the past too; what a gorgeous area - but HILLY!

Emily

Surlygirl
10-29-2004, 09:35 AM
Doh! I knew it was New York, just had Vermont on the brain. Sorry. We did about 40 miles around Middlebury one day and I was so done by the end. Lots of Hills but the scenery was spectacular!