PDA

View Full Version : mail order is a crap shoot RANT!

caligurl
10-28-2004, 08:38 AM
oh how i hate mail order.. but it's the best way to get jerseys/shorts and at good prices!

it's so hard to determine size even when they give you the measurments! for example.. i ordered a base shirt.. figured it would be good for cycling and working out since it wicks... read the description which said:

Get thermal comfort - anytime, this Thermal H2Zero™ tee is fleeced lined with vapor-channel technology for extra breathability. Contoured extra long raglan sleeves provide excellent mobility. Black/Cream (BLU), Black/Sky (BLB). Sizes: S(36), M(38), L(40).

so i order a small... i get the shirt and the sleeves are SHORT! uhm... i do NOT have long arms... and they claim extra long sleeves??? grrrrr i called and fortunately they agreed to send mediums and waive the shipping.. but i still have to pay return shipping....

and even within brands it's hard to choose via mail! an example here is in PI i end up buying medium long sleeve shirts (cuz the arms feel a bit too snug) but i need small in sleeveless and short sleeve! no continuity!

we've already discusses performance brand.. their century shorts in small are too big on me.. but fortunately their ultras run small and a small fits me perfectly! why no continuity though? why can't the centuries fit?

and going even further with performance.. i wanted some cheaper base t-shirts.. so i looked at the men's polypropelene... they only had mediums so i figured i'd order them jus to see.. and hopefully exchange them at the store cuz i know we'll be near one in the next few weeks... well the men's mediums fit me wonderfully!!!! and they claim they are 38-40! sheesh!

i won't even get into civilian clothes sizing... and the vanity sizing dilema! or my blood pressure may go through the roof!

thanx for listening!

Cdalekat
10-28-2004, 12:35 PM
I know what you mean... I just drove across state lines last night to the closest LL Bean store in an attempt to try items on before ordering... of course they didn't have what I was interested in! (I'm trying to find appropriate winter biking gear)

So I ended up order from the catalouge anyway - I'm crossing my fingers!

Veronica
10-28-2004, 12:49 PM
At least with Bean you can return it fairly cheaply if you use their return shipping form.

V.

Cdalekat
10-28-2004, 12:51 PM
and initial shipping is free when doing a catlouge order from the store!

Veronica
10-28-2004, 02:38 PM
I got their Visa ia few years ago. Almost all of my work clothes come from there. The Bayside Twills are perfect teacher pants. :D

I get free shipping and monogramming from Bean and a monthly kickback from whatever goes on it.

V

Cdalekat
11-04-2004, 10:19 AM
So I just got my "expedition weight" long underwear from Bean's (after a minor problem with FedEx home delivery...).

Wow, it's warm. :D
I think I'm going to be toasty this winter.