PDA

View Full Version : Where is bikerHen?

East Hill
09-04-2007, 07:23 AM
I am dying to hear the story of your trip to Seattle on the bus.

Or, did you really get lost in the bowels of Seattle :eek: ?

East Hill

teigyr
09-04-2007, 10:33 AM
Hmmm, maybe she got lost going down the Claim Jumper Hill :eek:

I could've sworn I saw her post something lately but then again I could be wrong.

East Hill
09-04-2007, 09:18 PM
We know you got her back to her hotel safe and sound, but haven't heard from her since...perhaps she's just still recuperating from all the riding :D .

East Hill

teigyr
09-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Actually, I only pointed out the turnoff. So do we truly know she got back to the hotel??

East Hill
09-05-2007, 04:42 AM
Hm, good question...you are correct. She hasn't visited here since 8/29, at 12.01 am.

I think she DID get lost :eek: !

East Hill

bmccasland
09-05-2007, 04:44 AM
Man I hope she didn't get lost. She tried real hard to set me up for a mountain bike ride while I was in Montana last week. I still feel really bummed that I wasn't able to go on the ride.

bikerHen
09-06-2007, 02:14 PM
No, not back to Spokane, just back online. Never take a mid week vacation, it's just Hell getting back on track.:eek:

Anyway . . . My Bus Story - by bikerHen

I got to my stop right on time. Thanks to East Hill for showing me where the stop was and finding the time schedules listed by the bus number. When my bus arrived, thankfully there were a few others getting on as well so I had an extra few seconds to figure out the rack thing, which really wasn't that hard. So bike mounted, I entered the bus, and had to figure out how to put my money in the right slot(s). I dug around in my backpack for the change, while getting the slots sorted out. With bike on the rack and me all paid for I look down the bus for a seat. Everyone was standing in the isles. Not a good sign. But there was a little old lady with a walker patting the empty seat next to her saying sit here sweety. If I was a regular bus rider, I would have known that sitting there was not wise, but being new at this, my only thought was great I'm sitting up front and can keep an eye on my bike.

I no sooner sit, than the little old lady starts talking. After about two sentences I'm thinking this lady is crazy! The up side was she didn't really need anyone to be talking too, so an occasional smile or nod kept her happy. I focused on my bike which was not the best thing to do given the traffic. Car cutting in front of the bus, the bus stopping inches from the bumpers in front. All with my beloved bike hanging on the front of the bus.:eek:

So, the crazy lady gets off just a few stop before me and the few of us left on the bus all hustled to help her off.:rolleyes: So I get to my stop, the last on the line, get my bike off . . . and there we are in the middle of downtown Seattle in front of the Greyhound Bus Station.

I quickly whip out my map and directions, THANK YOU mimitabby. Once I figured out which way to go, I couldn't decided where to ride. In the street or on the sidewalk. Right about then a couple of riders when by in the street and I followed suit.:p I followed the map point by point, stopping to recheck after every turn. It was a great, fun ride, except for the headwind blowing DOWN the "gentle" uphill. I did good, didn't get lost, until I got to Fremont when the turn left on 34th somehow read turn right. But I had been there before and decided after a mile or so I needed to turn around, and finally got to the bike shop.

Getting my sister to Fremont by car a couple of hours later was a little dicey, involving phone calls, swear words and threats and end with me jumping into her car on the fly as we passed in the street.:D

I got my bike serviced, we visited the chocolate factory, showed my sister the Troll under the bridge, thank you Knot, and stop at Performance Bike Shop so my sister could buy some cycling shoes. We got back on the freeway during the middle of rush hour and other than missing the car pool lane and sitting in traffic all was well! We rolled into Spokane about 11:30 that night, not looking foward to going to work the next morning.

More to follow . . . but customers to help. :cool: bikerHen

teigyr
09-06-2007, 02:50 PM
And excellent that you found Performance. I can never find it except for when I'm not looking for it which means I'm lost.

So, you had a well-rounded mass transit experience. Think of it as education :D

Now swearing? I just somehow am not believing that....:rolleyes:

East Hill
09-06-2007, 11:00 PM
I am glad to know that the bowels of Seattle did not swallow you up! I was worried :o .

We'll look forward to hearing the rest of your adventures when you have a chance to fill us in.

East Hill

mimitabby
09-06-2007, 11:23 PM
writing from Italy:

oh i am SO GLAD that your adventure was a good one.