PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm new, and LOVE this!

Jenc
10-26-2004, 03:46 PM
Hi all! My name is Jennifer, I live in Tama, FL. I have been cycling for only about a month now, and I am so addicted already. I am riding on the road every weekend, and spinning every week day. I started with 20 miles and am now at 27.5 miles last Sunday in less than 1 hr 50 min.
I have a beginner bike...a Trek 1000, but I love it! I got the clipless pedals, and an aerobar attached. So far, no falls with the clipless system, but close calls.
I feel like cycling has given me something to look forward to every week, and I have new goals to achieve. For the first time in a long time, I am doing something physical because I really want to, not to lose weight.
Anyway, I could go on all day. I just wanted to say hi all! I cannot wait to learn more.
Jen

JanT
10-26-2004, 06:13 PM
Welcome! May your bike passion never fade!

Rhonda
10-27-2004, 06:31 AM
Just wanted to say welcome! I'm new to cycling also, I've been riding for about 3 months. There are no riding groups where I live, my husband and several of his friends ride together, and he is very good to ride with me even though I slow him down quite a bit. I was as excited as you to find this site, to be able to talk to and learn from other women cyclists!

CorsairMac
10-27-2004, 11:25 AM
welcome to both of you! yes it IS an awesome site and its the excitement the poeple - like you 2 - bring that keep me motivated and keep me coming back for more! Trek 1000 - I'm jealous - I Shoulda bought the road bike! *cigh*......maybe that tax check...................