PDA

View Full Version : soooo embarressed

coyote
08-30-2007, 07:25 AM
I've only been unclipping with my right foot. I tried with my left and realized my body did not know how to start off on the right. So, last night on my way home I started practicing on my left.

This morning I decided to keep working on the left. Well, I'm rolling up to a major intersection, I unclip left, see the opposing light change to a green arrow, so I know that my light will change in just a few moments. I balance at the light with my left unclipped and right clipped. Yup, you guessed it, the light took a moment longer then I could balance, my body's muscle memory took over. I started leaning to the right, my left foot though unclipped was glued to the pedal, over I went. :o

I'm not hurt nor is the bike. :o Just that this is one of the major intersections that leads to the area where I work and I know lots and lots of people at work. And its rush hour so there are lines and lines of cars :o :o

Next time I start screwing around I'll do it some place with a lot less cars :cool:

Starfish
08-30-2007, 07:57 AM
Next time I start screwing around I'll do it some place with a lot less cars :cool:

LOL, such good advice in so many scenarios!! :p ;)

coyote
08-30-2007, 08:39 AM
LOL, such good advice in so many scenarios!! :p ;)

*Blush* Hadn't thought of it that way. I'm really having a morning!

Starfish
08-30-2007, 10:08 AM
O, and BTW, the one and only time I ever fell over due to my new clipless pedals, it was, of course, at a busy urban intersection. Been there, done that! :)

indysteel
08-30-2007, 10:34 AM
I've only been unclipping with my right foot. I tried with my left and realized my body did not know how to start off on the right. So, last night on my way home I started practicing on my left.

This morning I decided to keep working on the left. Well, I'm rolling up to a major intersection, I unclip left, see the opposing light change to a green arrow, so I know that my light will change in just a few moments. I balance at the light with my left unclipped and right clipped. Yup, you guessed it, the light took a moment longer then I could balance, my body's muscle memory took over. I started leaning to the right, my left foot though unclipped was glued to the pedal, over I went. :o

I'm not hurt nor is the bike. :o Just that this is one of the major intersections that leads to the area where I work and I know lots and lots of people at work. And its rush hour so there are lines and lines of cars :o :o

Ouch! I'm glad neither you nor the bike was hurt. Out of curiosity, is there a particular reason why you're trying to switch feet? I think many of us religiously unclip just one foot over the other.....

lph
08-30-2007, 11:45 AM
Oh, I did the exact same thing when starting to ride clipless, except I wasn't trying to switch feet, just unclipped the left foot (like I'd practiced and practiced and PRACTICED that entire stretch), slowed to a stop at a pedestrian crossing and promptly toppled over onto my right side.

But being able to switch feet can be handy I've found out - I just snapped a part on my left pedal which means I can only use the one side. Finding it is a hassle in traffic, so I tried to unclip my right instead for a few days. Couldn't do it. Like folding my arms the wrong way.

coyote
08-30-2007, 12:11 PM
Ouch! I'm glad neither you nor the bike was hurt. Out of curiosity, is there a particular reason why you're trying to switch feet? I think many of us religiously unclip just one foot over the other.....

I like symmetry and I was bored :D

tjf9
08-31-2007, 08:14 AM
Been there, done that! Glad it was no worse than a bruised ego!