PDA

View Full Version : Seattle No-Notice ride: Saturday 25 August

KnottedYet
08-25-2007, 07:49 AM
I know it's raining, but I gotta ride my bike or I'm gonna blow a gasket.

How 'bout this afternoon a Fenders And Wool Ride on the trail from Log Boom out toward Marymoor? What is that trail that branches off in Kenmore and heads out along the freeway? Maybe explore that...

teigyr
08-25-2007, 10:22 AM
I'm at work or else I'd be game.

If you explore that trail, let me know how it is and where it goes! I'm always intrigued by the offshoot trails.

East Hill
08-25-2007, 11:51 AM
I know it's raining, but I gotta ride my bike or I'm gonna blow a gasket.

It's raining? Hmm. Not in Kent (yet)...

I went out for a Tour de Garage Sales today. Didn't find a thing of interest, but I did get out on the bike :D .

East Hill

KnottedYet
08-25-2007, 02:36 PM
got slammed with a migraine this morning, and ended up sleeping all day. so, now I'm gonna run errands and hope to get on the bike around 5:00 for a short jaunt. (maybe just 2 hours) Probably leaving from Log Boom.

Anybody wanna go for a short ride?

skyhand
08-25-2007, 07:36 PM
we headed out the door for a burke gilman ride today — about 38 miles roundtrip beneath what turned out to be beautiful weather. not a drop of rain from phinney ridge all the way out to bothell!

if i'd have seen this note earlier and we didn't have plans, i totally would've been down for it.

teigyr
08-25-2007, 07:44 PM
we headed out the door for a burke gilman ride today — about 38 miles roundtrip beneath what turned out to be beautiful weather. not a drop of rain from phinney ridge all the way out to bothell!

if i'd have seen this note earlier and we didn't have plans, i totally would've been down for it.

How do you get from Phinney Ridge to the BG? We are on Greenwood around 115th and haven't figured out a graceful way to ride to the trail. We drive which kind of defeats the purpose....

KnottedYet
08-25-2007, 08:48 PM
try taking 3rd all the way to the water. when you cross the main road at the very end (34th? 35th?), you land on the BG.

(I usally do 3rd up to 150th or 155th or whatever it is that is on the corner with Greenwood and where Diva Espresso is)

If you don't want to do the dip on 3rd near Carkeek, you can divert over to 1st for a few blocks.

boy in a kilt
08-26-2007, 08:37 AM
I had a safety meeting for work in Bellevue yesterday. Had a nice ride into bellevue, sat through a humanely short meeting and rode home. I was glad I rode my bike. I was thinking about just driving but I talked myself out of that. I used the "if you ride your bike, you'll get the exercise plus another memory of a good ride. If you drive, it's just another damn thing you drove to and won't remember the drive at all." It's a twisted argument but it works.

No rain. It was a little warm and humid toward the end of the ride but that was about it. Glad I went for the ride because the Boss decided she wanted Indian food for dinner.

skyhand
08-26-2007, 11:38 AM
in phinney ridge, we go along greenwood to 77th and head west down the hill (it's less steep around 77th than the other roads near us) to 8th ave. we cruise down the bike lane all the way to BG. we head back that way too, up the ridge on 77th. it's more manageable for us than attempting to bike up 65th!

from 115th, i find fremont ave is cake to travel south along, very little traffic, until 83rd where i head west to greenwood ave, south to 77th, and then west down 8th ave, leading into the BG. give that route a shot.

KnottedYet
08-26-2007, 11:42 AM
How is the traffic on 8th?

skyhand
08-26-2007, 11:50 AM
there's a bike lane most all the way (just a handful of blocks without it near leary), and traffic's light.