PDA

View Full Version : Ramapo Rally Century in North Jersey

PinkPilot
08-25-2007, 04:30 AM
Any of you Jersey girls riding in the Ramapo Rally tomorrow starting out of Campgaw Ski Area at Mahwah, NJ? This is the annual supported event sponsored by the Bicycle Touring Club of North Jersey (BTCNJ) and I understand from one of their members that it's a lot of beautiful scenery, good SAG support and fun!

http://www.btcnj.com/ramaporally/

I'm trying to keep the rain south so you can have a beautiful day for riding! Good luck to all of you!!

ccnyc
08-25-2007, 11:44 AM
I did the Ramapo Rally (62 mile route) 2 years ago and found it to be a really nice ride. A lot of the ride was through wooded areas and nice countryside and not much traffic except in one small part crossing a highway. Would be doing it tomorrow but I just broke my wrist 3 weeks ago. Sigh.

Carol

PinkPilot
08-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Wow...I'm sorry to hear about your wrist, Carol. :( If it's any consolation (and I know it isn't), it looks like it's going to be rather hot and humid for that metric or century tomorrow with a darned good chance for thunderstorms as well. It's funny...I thought the weather up there had been really pleasant for the past week or two. Figures.

Hang in there and heal quickly!

ccnyc
08-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the good wishes PinkPilot.

Heat and humidity wouldn't stop me! The weather had been very cool all week until Friday night when the hot/humid stuff moved in. It's pretty awful here today.

Guess I'll get on the trainer and spin.

Carol