PDA

View Full Version : New Instructor- Saying Hello

TriMama
10-13-2004, 06:40 PM
Hi- I just got certified through the YMCA USA's Cycle Reebok program and stmbled upon this forum while buying more bike shorts. What a great bank of information from some kick a-- biking women!I've been an indoor cycling enthusiast for awhile and have moved my action outdoors. I completed my first triathlon this September.

My question as a new instructor is, where can I get some ideas for setting up complete 45 minute workouts. I worry about flow, variety etc. I want to make sure I keep people motivated. Any suggestions for good strength/endurance/interval workouts? I am open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks! Looking forward to chatting occassionally and gleaning useful tips and info from fellow cyclists.

spazzdog
10-13-2004, 06:52 PM
Somewhere in here (SPinning) there was a discusion on that... it started with music and included bits of info folks also liked/disliked. Anybody? Name of discussion?

Found it, or at least one of them... Minor Rant (by the lovely Irulan).

CorsairMac
10-14-2004, 09:12 AM
Welcome to the board mama! Congrats on your new cert!....and yes this is an Awesome site!

han-grrl
10-17-2004, 03:27 PM
try www.turnstep.com

but believe in your imagination first! you don't need to depend on other people's classes. you have obviously been spinning for a while, and now doing triathlons. think about your own training, think about the music that inspires you and what makes you feel inspired. then give that back to your class. you can do IT!

cheers

a fellow spin instructor