PDA

View Full Version : Rehoboth Beach, Delaware riding???

songlady
08-13-2007, 09:51 AM
We will be on vacation next week in Rehoboth and I was wondering if any of you ladies know of any decent riding routes in the area? Thanks!!!

Zen
08-13-2007, 11:09 AM
I can only divulge my secret if you take me with you ;)

songlady
08-13-2007, 12:41 PM
There's an extra futon in the living room :D

withm
08-13-2007, 01:21 PM
Sussex Cyclists is based in Rehoboth - they have club rides M-W-Sat mornings, also M-W evening. Usually leave from behind the Walmart, or from Peddler's Village.

I have quite a few routes but are based from Bethany area where I live. What kind of distance/speed are you looking for?

Be VERY careful riding on Rt. 1, and DO NOT attempt to ride on the 3-mile stretch of Rt. 1 between Rt. 24 (Rehoboth) and Rt. 9. Lewes.

PM me if you want more info, details etc.
Martha

JmcG
08-15-2007, 12:02 PM
Be VERY careful riding on Rt. 1, and DO NOT attempt to ride on the 3-mile stretch of Rt. 1 between Rt. 24 (Rehoboth) and Rt. 9. Lewes.

I second this. I have a friend who was hit by a car on Route 1 - a lady was coming out of a side road making a left, and didn't see him and basically T-boned him. Luckily he's alive, but with spine damage and a totaled bike.

Also, a Hopkins doctor just recently died on this road - he was off the road fixing his chain when an 18 year old fell asleep at the wheel and ran him over.

Be very very very careful! But have fun if you do go out!

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/Press_releases/2007/07_30_07.html