PDA

View Full Version : Review: 3M Scotchlite Tape

KnottedYet
08-11-2007, 07:31 PM
Bought a pack from TE:
http://www.teamestrogen.com/products.asp?pID=1982

***BRIGHT***

I'm lovin' this stuff! Much brighter than the stickers (lime green, came on a sheet with shapes pre-cut, dunno the brand) I already had on my bike. Even tiny pieces are still reflective enough to stand out.

The adhesive is peachy, seems to stick well to a variety of materials: hard plastic fender, rubbery mud flap, metal cable hanger, Ortlieb pannier.

The tape itself is a woven/fabricky stuff, that flexes nicely. It has stayed on my pannier fabric just fine.

RoseC
08-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Cool - thanks for the review! As the days get shorter, I'm starting to research more reflective stuff. (And lights, eventually!) This looks good!

Tagging onto this subject...are there any good options out there for reflective stuff to go on spokes, or are those sorts of things pretty well guaranteed to throw wheels out of balance?

crazycanuck
08-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Lise recently posted something about cool reflective thingies she found. Perhaps PM her?

KnottedYet
08-12-2007, 06:17 PM
I think the link she posted even had *black* tape that was reflective.

I also have reflective walled tires (Vittoria Randonneurs) which I really like.

RoseC
08-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Lise recently posted something about cool reflective thingies she found.

Maybe I'll see if I can find that thread - thanks!

RoseC
08-13-2007, 10:53 AM
I also have reflective walled tires (Vittoria Randonneurs) which I really like.

I'm thinking about looking for something like that eventually...I'll have to see what kind of wear I get with my current tires. When I swapped out the stock tires, I ended up going with the LBS recommended Ruffy Tuffys, which have been awesome so far - great cornering, nice rolling resistance, and no flats, despite mucho glass interaction, among other things. But reflective sidewalls would be awful nice...