PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ride SoCal Inland Empire?

Teach_n_ride
10-11-2004, 05:30 PM
Hey tryn to get back to ridin' after a car vs bike accident. Anybody ride in the inland empire and need a buddy to ride with. Let me know about bike clubs or whatever where you might ride so you know i'm not a wierdo, but i really need to ride with somone else so that i'm not so all-by-myself and less afraid of the four wheel monsters.
:)

caligurl
10-12-2004, 09:14 AM
where? i know riverside has a cycling club! also there are a couple in orange county (orance county wheelmen and i think the other one is orange county rebal ridersO

OCW is doing an organized metric century on the 30th! i'm excited cuz it's my first organized ride since i began riding 3.5 months ago! i can't wait! it includes a climb up oak glen.. which i've practiced on a couple times to make sure i could do it prior to registering for the ride!

Teach_n_ride
10-12-2004, 05:46 PM
i live in rancho cucamonga. riverside might work but it is about 20-30mi from me. i would like to ride with other women that live in my area. i've tried ridn' with men but they're either too fast or way too slow. plus, i don't want to ride alone after my accident. i will probably end up ridn' alone if i can't find women to ride with. my husband and one of his friends have tried riding with me, but they're not in shape so they don't keep up and when i slow down they don't want to go as far as i do. they don't ride with me anymore unless i promise them it is short and slow. :confused:

caligurl
10-13-2004, 07:01 AM
you live a lot closer than i do! lol! the closest bike club to us is an hour away (and they seem to bee into speed.. so not for me!)

riverside.. which from their newsletter appears to be decent.. is a bit over an hour and a half for us.. so we just ride together (hubby and me) or me by myself... hubby has found some other riders in the area that he rides with, too.. but i'm not fast enough :rolleyes:

try some LBS's in the area!