PDA

View Full Version : My first time!

eclectic
08-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Off road riding that is. In between showers and storms we headed out to ride a trail. I figure it is a novice trail because I didn't bite it but I did have to walk a little when I was too chicken to go down or didn't make it up

All I can say is IT WAS SOOOOOO FUN ! ! ! ! I can't wait to do it again!

Starfish
08-07-2007, 07:40 PM
That is SO great! I have so much I want to do regarding upgrading my road bike, that I really haven't thought much about mountain biking, yet.

But, this week in Shasta, I saw ALL these amazing trails they use for biking, and I saw so many people having so much fun...gads...now I need to double my budget!!

Hope you get many more happy trails!

rocknrollgirl
08-08-2007, 04:53 AM
To the Darkside...

han-grrl
08-08-2007, 05:17 AM
Welcome to the dirt!

I love mtb too, not so much for the adrenaline, but for the focus that is needed to get over technical bits. I find i can let go and be in the present when i mtb. i love it!

LBTC
08-08-2007, 05:28 AM
Yes, welcome!

As Han said....there's so much involvement in mtb that I simply can't think of the stuff that usually preoccupies me....or I fall! heh And then there are those days when that turns into simple flow - no thought, just being one with the trail and the bike. Ah, that's what it's all about!

Hugs and butterflies,
~T~

eclectic
08-08-2007, 06:07 AM
That is SO great! I have so much I want to do regarding upgrading my road bike, that I really haven't thought much about mountain biking, yet.

But, this week in Shasta, I saw ALL these amazing trails they use for biking, and I saw so many people having so much fun...gads...now I need to double my budget!!

Hope you get many more happy trails!

Thanks!

I plan on getting a new road bike and spending my $$$$ there as there the mtn bike trails here are few and far between. And at my age I can't see myself getting into the real technical, daredevil stuff.

Soooooo I will make do w/ my old rigid steel frame Schwinn for now.

But yes the "darkside" is calling :D

Rumblefish
09-03-2007, 12:21 PM
I went on my first mtb ride today...and I completely agree, it was crazy fun!! :D

I was actually expecting to not like it, having quite the chicken complex, but I found if I didn't think about it too hard and just did it it'd be OK. There was a bit of walking though....I'm allowed that on my first go, right?? :)

I liked it so much, in fact I think I want to do it again!!! :eek: :D

DirtDiva
09-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Yeah! Converts! :D

I like all the little challenges of mountain biking - the twenty metres of rocky climb you're determined to clean (get through without putting a foot down) one day and such. :) Not that road riding isn't lots of fun too, but all the challenges tend to involve pain and suffering. :p

snowtulip
09-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Yipee Rumblefish! It's hard to stop once you're hooked. And walking is perfectly acceptable anytime you feel uncomfortable with a section. Glad you had fun!:D

Livin the Dream
09-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Add me to the first-timer's club. I think I could have a lot of fun on a mtn bike!

We camped over the weekend; the campground has 8.5 miles of mtn bike trail. I had the old beater Gary Fisher MTB I bought to keep my pretty new Trek Pilot off the rough terrain I usually end up on when we're camping. DH & I took the 6-year-old grandson on the mtn bike trails. He loved it, DH loved it & I really loved it! I know I was terribly slow and I bypassed the ramps, but I loved the concentration it took to maneuver the trail. We're ready to go again. Only problem is that the closest trails are about an hour away, so it would have to be a weekend-only activity for us. I'm ready to look for a better used mtn bike and I think DH could easily be convinced to become a two-bike owner.