PDA

View Full Version : Bruising at my tibial tuberosity

AZSpinner
08-05-2007, 12:35 PM
This has been puzzling me for a couple of weeks... I noticed a bruise on my left tibial tuberosity after a hilly ride two weeks ago. It faded and was almost not noticeable. I did the same ride today, and the bruise is back. We didn't cover this in my degree program (athletic training) I can't find anything in any of my text books, web wasn't helpful either. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I having micro tears of my patellar tendon? What is going on? Any ideas? It doesn't bother me while cycling - it just appears shortly after the ride. It is slightly point tender (maybe a 3 out of 10).

Well, I'm off to ice it now...:(

LBTC
08-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Hey, AZS, sorry I really don't have much to add, especially since I only understand every 2nd word....tuberosity?? Anyway, I have mysterious bruising on the tops of my knees too. A little point of colour, a tiny bit of discomfort. Always thought I was just a spaz.

I hope you figure it out! Hugs and enlightening butterflies,
~T~

Zen
08-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Tuberosity: "A projection or protuberance, especially one at the end of a bone for the attachment of a muscle or tendon"
The lumpy bumpy part at the end of the bone.

Always thought I was just a spaz.

I ain't sayin' nothin' but...
I have a bump and bruise on my ankle that puzzled me until I figured out I was sometimes hitting myself there with my pedal.