PDA

View Full Version : Sports Bra

PoohsHunny
07-20-2002, 01:18 PM
Hi - just thought I'd share a cheap sports bra that has worked well for me. It is by Bestform, terry lined, sports bra from Wal-mart's. I just bought another one & they have lowered the price to $5.88. My first one has held up very well; it has hooks in the back which I like. V. comfortable & provides support! It's my buy of the week. :D

ayermail2
07-20-2002, 04:37 PM
Pooh - Sounds like a steal, er deal!!

My favorite one is not cheap, but it works great, especially for larger sizes...Champion seamless doubledry - it's an over-the-head style, but it worked really well in the HOT South Carolina sun for my last bike tour, and dried really quickly at camp....

han-grrl
07-20-2002, 10:23 PM
sports bra searching has always been a source of aggravation. i can never seem to find one that has good enough support for mountain biking. not to mention that everything around has cotton in it. wet yucky cotton under polyester...yuck

so if anyone has any ideas....

assassin__x
07-22-2002, 12:26 PM
My favorite bra is a Sugoi one (well accually I have two that are identical). Keeps you dry, gives me support, and looks good when you take your shirt off. What more could you want.

I have always found that the biggest problems I've had with sport bras is finding ones that wick moisture and work for larger busted women. I'm a 36D, and I havn't found it too hard to get a bra, but I've heard of some women who've had some real issues with it. Of course I have to settle for the uniboob and the inbetween the brest sweat, but those are small issues when you need that support.

han-grrl my two choices for bras would be from Sugoi and from Patagonia. But there are tons of great bras out there, and I've heard great things about a lot of different bras.

Pooh - I don't think that I'll ever find me a sports bra that works for me that is that cheap.

stella
07-23-2002, 04:18 PM
I'm glad to see this topic. I am larger and have had problems finding a sports bra that does not have cotton. My favorite is the Patagonia, it has the least uniboob look and wicks great. They were on clearance at www.altrec.com and sierra trading post. worth checking out!
Another good resource for us is Title 9 Sports-they have a great selection of sports bra's, it is women run and owned and the customer service is great. Even if you don't buy from them (kinda expensive).
Great discussion, I like hearing other women's opinion and experience on this! I'll try out the sugoi next.