PDA

View Full Version : Jett 155 vs Jett 135

ladyicon
07-31-2007, 03:13 PM
Just wanted to share this bit of saddle enlightenment I just went through. I bought a new Specialized Ruby and just could not get comfortable on it. I tried everything, adjusting this and that. I just felt like I could not sit on my sit bones and that the peddles were too far behind me, also there was too much pressure on my arms.
After my DH saw how frustrated I was getting, he said that the Jett 155 may be too wide for me. Back to the store we went and switched it out to a Jett 143.. Fits like a glove :p And now the whole bike fits as it should.
Just wanted to share this with all. Diane

michelem
07-31-2007, 03:24 PM
I went from the 143 to the 130 and voila! I feel as if I am sitting on air. Good thing I didn't win out on the debate with the bike shop guys. I was pretty adament that I needed a wider saddle, not a skinnier one! :rolleyes:

ladyicon
08-01-2007, 09:56 AM
I also had to put my foot down to change the size of the saddle, even though they felt that the 155 was the size I needed :mad:
It is amazing what a little saddle size change can do :rolleyes: .

Another note to this story is that I have always been riding a Terry Butterfly and thought it was the best saddle for me. The Terry was the same width as the 155 Jett saddle, so it seems that was too wide for me also :confused: .

I am very happy with my saddle and bike too, I am glad I did not give up.

captenaj
09-29-2007, 03:33 PM
I went from the 143 to the 130 and voila! I feel as if I am sitting on air.

This is the best news I have heard in my entire life! I just got my first road bike, a Ruby, which came with the Jett 143. It is killing me, right on my sit bones. I can't believe that I could need a smaller saddle but I'm willing to try anything. Thanks michelem. You saved my... er... well, thanks.