PDA

View Full Version : Bike map of MD arrived

Zen
07-30-2007, 06:13 PM
and I am sorely dissapointed:( :( :(

7rider
07-31-2007, 04:49 AM
Why??

Is it because they tell you that some roads are "bike friendly" that you'd be out of your mind to attempt to ride?? (that's been my experience w/ MD bike maps.)

IFjane
07-31-2007, 05:40 AM
Must be a state map thing. The VA cycling map is lousy, too....:mad:

Zen
07-31-2007, 09:34 AM
It's just a big road map. I guess to show any detail they'd have to do it on a county scale.

Kalidurga
07-31-2007, 09:41 AM
Zen, I recently picked up one of the new maps showing bike routes through Washington County. I'll give it to you when we ride together this weekend.

Zen
07-31-2007, 11:19 AM
Cool

You know, if I saw you walking down the street I'd never in my wildest imaginings take you as a fetishist.

First she was the lube queen, now this. Kinky!

Kalidurga
07-31-2007, 11:53 AM
You know, if I saw you walking down the street I'd never in my wildest imaginings take you as a fetishist.

First she was the lube queen, now this. Kinky!

You should see my head whip around when I spot a bike pedaling by. I've even been known to touch strange (as in, not my own) bikes chained up on the sidewalk... ;)

7rider
07-31-2007, 03:47 PM
You should see my head whip around when I spot a bike pedaling by. I've even been known to touch strange (as in, not my own) bikes chained up on the sidewalk... ;)

Okay.
Now, I'm scared.

Kalidurga
07-31-2007, 03:52 PM
Aaww, don't worry, Regina. I won't touch your bike without permission!

divingbiker
07-31-2007, 04:44 PM
They were handing out those MD bike maps at Cycle Across Maryland. I took a look at it and put it aside since it was useless. The guy who was in charge of putting it together spoke one evening and was pretty proud of it; apparently it's a big improvement over the previous map. Seems like a waste of our tax dollars...

HillSlugger
08-01-2007, 06:28 AM
Aaww, don't worry, Regina. I won't touch your bike without permission!

Just make sure the drool doesn't fall on it and everyone should be happy ;)

Zen
08-01-2007, 07:01 AM
Seems like a waste of our tax dollars...

I thought so too. It seems when they do things like this map and some "bike paths" that the people involved aren't cyclists.

It would make nice wrapping paper.

Kalidurga
08-01-2007, 07:05 AM
You're gonna love the map of routes in Washington Co. It includes 5 or 6 routes, with lots of detail. Hopefully, they'll do a similar one for FredCo & MoCo (and Howard Co and Carroll Co, etc).

7rider
08-01-2007, 08:10 AM
Here's a collection of some on-line bike maps: http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/mcgtmpl.asp?url=/content/dpwt/transit/commuter/page6.asp#bikemaps

The Silver Spring one is actually kind of funny, in a useless sort of way. As near as I can figure, the "off-road" bike routes that they tout are the sidewalks (makes me feel better on my commute to work, however). Not only is it not well defined on the map, the street signs downtown here are not clear.

Ahhh, if I were Master of the Universe......:rolleyes: