PDA

View Full Version : 7/30 Fox 13 newscast...

yellow
07-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Hey Salt Lake and Utah Valley ladies...watch for me on the Fox 13 newscast this evening. I don't have a television so I'm relying on you to tell me how stupid I sound. :rolleyes:

I went for a mountain bike ride up the Mormon Pioneer trail from Little Dell Reservoir to Big Mountain and back and as my friend and I were relaxing after the ride, here comes the news van. Seems they wanted to do a short interview about how to stay safe on the road as part of the story on the cyclist that was hit (hit and run) up on the road to Big Mountain on Saturday (he was actually just dropping into Affleck Park from the main road).

Hopefully I touched on the "stay visible", "ride in a predictable manner", "think ahead", "be aware" items. A big plus was that I was wearing a bright yellow shirt, which may (or may not) send a visual message about visibility and cycling (even though I was on the trail today and nowhere near the road). They also asked me if incidents like the one on Saturday made me fearful to keep riding (the cyclist was a mountain biker but the mtn bike trail parallels the road and some people do ride sections along the road instead of the trail). I said no, it doesn't make me afraid, but that more than anything it saddens me that something would unfold like this, whether it's a cyclist or a pedestrian or whatever that is hit and left for dead and that it says alot about our culture.

Anyway, we'll see what they cut and keep and if they bother showing it at all.

Pedal Wench
07-30-2007, 12:12 PM
some stations post clips on their website -- look for it tomorrow, and post a link for us!

AuntieK
07-30-2007, 07:38 PM
I saw the story on the cyclist who was hit, but no Yellow! :confused:
Watching the Fox 13 news at 9 pm...
I'll keep watching and looking for ya!