PDA

View Full Version : Supported TE ride to Flaming Geyser Aug 12

mimitabby
07-29-2007, 04:21 PM
Come one, come all; Let's ride to Flaming Geyser Park. We can start from Coulon park and when we get to Flaming Geyser, my DH (who will be recovering from Hand surgery and can't ride that week) will appear with a lovely lunch.

We'll start early in the morning and i figure we'll get 50 or 60 miles in total. It's not very hilly, and I'll bet EastHill knows the way.

This will be a Sunday, August the 12th
Mimi

MM_QFC!
07-29-2007, 04:37 PM
That's a great ride and I'll be disappointed to miss it with area TE'ers...I'll be heading out on the first day of the Empire State AIDS ride that day...Niagara Falls to the Rochester overnight, on the shores of Lake Ontario...
Have a great ride and lots of fun...catch ya next time maybe...
Mary

East Hill
07-29-2007, 04:57 PM
Oh no! We'll have to get better at coordinating this stuff! Mr. East Hill and I will be on the road to Eastern Washington on the 11th :( :( :( , and we won't be back until the following Sunday.

Argh! And I've been thinking about a ride like this for the last few days, too. :mad:

I do know the way, though. Wouldn't like to do it next Sunday, would we?

East Hill

mimitabby
07-29-2007, 06:48 PM
Oh bummer, two no's and no yes's.
Raleighdon is having hand surgery on the 8th thus he wants to do something riding related without riding.

Let's let it sit a couple more days;
East Hill how long will you be out of town?

lauraelmore1033
07-29-2007, 07:11 PM
I would like to come! Hubby too, maybe.

KnottedYet
07-29-2007, 07:12 PM
Oh, no!!

I have some advanced training for work that whole weekend! (I'm gonna miss the Tour de Fat, too!)

the following weekend is the Danskin. I'm not doing it, but I might see about volunteering or go watch. However, if there was a groovy ride that weekend I'd completely skip the Danskin.

mimitabby
07-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Oh, no!!

I have some advanced training for work that whole weekend! (I'm gonna miss the Tour de Fat, too!)

the following weekend is the Danskin. I'm not doing it, but I might see about volunteering or go watch. However, if there was a groovy ride that weekend I'd completely skip the Danskin.

hmmm. I'll make a note of that.

East Hill
07-30-2007, 07:11 AM
We will be biking around Eastern Washington the entire week. We will start by heading to Fort Simcoe for our annual visit to see the Lewis's woodpeckers there, then be heading to the northeastern part of the state. We may also head up to Okanagan (in BC).

I would be available for this coming Sunday, and Sundays after the 12th until the Enumclaw Century on September 9th.

East Hill

bikerHen
07-30-2007, 07:56 AM
We will be biking around Eastern Washington the entire week. We will start by heading to Fort Simcoe for our annual visit to see the Lewis's woodpeckers there, then be heading to the northeastern part of the state. We may also head up to Okanagan (in BC).

I would be available for this coming Sunday, and Sundays after the 12th until the Enumclaw Century on September 9th.

East Hill

Hey East Hill, Will you be coming as far as Spokane? I'm always up for a ride. :D bikerHen

East Hill
07-30-2007, 10:09 AM
You know, I'm not certain yet. Mr. East Hill is doing the route planning--I'm just along for the 'ride' so to speak. I think the mountain bike is going to be my choice of ride, because I think we will be hitting mostly back roads/fire trails. I will be taking the laptop along and should be able to get some wireless action in at least a few of the places we plan to hit, so I'll let you know by PM if we do swing by Spokane.

Where would be a good ride there?

East Hill

abvnx
07-30-2007, 01:26 PM
woo! sounds like fun:) i might be up for it, have to see whats going on then.

teigyr
07-30-2007, 03:37 PM
Sounds like a possibility!!! DH is taking a velodrome class that day and it starts at 1pm. I was going to ride to Marymoor to meet him. I could ride with you all and then drive to Marymoor!!!! Have kind of been slacking with the riding lately, at least it feels that way. I might struggle a bit but I'm game :D

mimitabby
07-30-2007, 04:38 PM
so that makes 3 or 4 of us so far.
what ever happened to the others who rode with us last month?

dex
07-30-2007, 06:18 PM
I'd love to, but I'm still off the bike. I'm planning on trying to do a couple of short/easy/lazy rides this week, but I don't think doing 50-60 miles would be a very good idea for me/my knee just yet. (I'm trying really, really hard to let my knee heal this time and not jump back into pushing too hard too soon, as is my usual tendency.)

abvnx
07-30-2007, 06:37 PM
oh, my husband would like to go as well.

Stellar1
08-07-2007, 12:11 PM
Is the ride to Flaming Gyser still on? Stellar1 here. I'm new to TE and have not ridden with you yet, but would like to. I'm getting ready for the RSVP and have been riding out in the Black Diamond/Maple Valley area. It's very pretty and of course, the Black Diamond Bakery is my very favorite stop. I live in Renton.

p.s. I'm not a very fast rider, but steady.

mimitabby
08-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Stellar, we changed the ride to the following week.

A number of people were going to be out of town.. Now I see that the 19th will probably not be good for you if you are doing RSVP.

send me an IM if you still want to do a ride; i have an brunch engagement sunday, but maybe after (or before) we could do a ride.

East Hill
08-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Is the ride to Flaming Gyser still on? Stellar1 here. I'm new to TE and have not ridden with you yet, but would like to. I'm getting ready for the RSVP and have been riding out in the Black Diamond/Maple Valley area. It's very pretty and of course, the Black Diamond Bakery is my very favorite stop. I live in Renton.

p.s. I'm not a very fast rider, but steady.

We will look forward to seeing you on a later ride! Stay posted...I live on the East Hill, and often go up the CRT to MV.

East Hill