PDA

View Full Version : Cross Canada Charity Ride

Khexter
07-27-2007, 11:27 PM
Hi Everyone;
I've posted a message in a number of cycling forums, not to advertise or solicit money, but to encourage involvement of elite Canadian Cyclists in a cross Canada peleton to support 5 riders who will ride in shifts for nine days straight (no stopping) from Halifax to Vancouver (www.teamH2V.com). The goal is to help find the cure for Juvenile Diabetes.
The peleton is a key component to the success of this record setting endeavor, because, without the peleton, the H2V riders will be solitary. So, are any of you up for a three hour ride in the middle of the night? It would be great to get women out there at any time of day during the ride.
If you are at all intrigued, please visit the website, or feel free to email me directly at khexter@shaw.ca.
As of tonight, I have a detailed City by City schedule including the approximate time the riders will pass through.
Also, you can now register "live" on the website.
Thanks!
Kim

Trek420
07-28-2007, 06:57 AM
Welcome to TE, sounds similar to what we did here:

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=15640&highlight=amici+raam

Khexter
07-31-2007, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the welcome!
It does look similar. Thanks for the link...it's always nice to see people doing something to help.
It's been a great experience volunteering for this...I've been exposed to so many wonderful people and new experiences, for example...tonight I've been looking into applying to Guinness World Records because, when the guys achieve this ride, it will set a record. Hopefully it will open more doors to help the JDRF cure Diabetes.

Trek420
08-01-2007, 05:54 AM
Welcome to TE, We want pics and the ride report! :D

Tailwinds, have a safe ride. :)