PDA

View Full Version : PMC riders rendezvous for next weekend...

tygab
07-27-2007, 05:26 PM
For anyone doing the PMC, let's meet at MMA for a photo.

[I am open to suggestions if people have other ideas on time/location]

Time: 5:30 pm
Place: Down by the water past where the massage tent usually is

I will attempt to have some kind of sign (like what drivers hold up at airports) that says TE Forum or something like that.

I would love to meet some of you all and it'd be fun. Please let me know if you'll plan to meet otherwise I won't stand around looking silly!

See you there & ride safe.

-T

Bklynmom
07-29-2007, 12:10 PM
MMA?

I can meet at the Bourne finish - hopefully I will be there by 3 or 4 pm!

Lisa

tygab
07-29-2007, 01:12 PM
MMA = Mass Maritime Academy, aka Bourne!

You will see when you get there, if the weather's nice it's a big happy time! I know there are others, hopefully they will see this thread and meet up with us.

-Tasha

Bklynmom
07-29-2007, 04:03 PM
Hi-
Anyone doing the Sturbridge to Bourne leg?

lisa

newfsmith
07-31-2007, 02:53 PM
Just got the map of the re-arranged set up at MMA. Now the massage tent is moved closer to the finish line than in the past. Do you mean by the water where the massage tent is this year, or down by the water between the food tent & training ship? In the past I've gotten in around 2 to 2:30, but I figure I will be getting in closer to 4 or 4:30 this year. I'd really like to meet as many as possible.

Bklynmom
07-31-2007, 04:48 PM
Hi Newfsmith-
Remind me if you are doing the Sturbridge to Bourne leg again?

Trying to get an idea about how long it will take me - not a clue! Really hard to tell if you don't know the route, or for that matter, how your legs will be feeling that day.

Do we actually all leave at 6 AM, or is the start staggered?

Lisa

tygab
07-31-2007, 06:48 PM
Clarification:
I mean by the training ship! I haven't looked at the map for this year. This is where the M-tent was last year. I just looked and see it is different. Good catch newfsmith!

So, basically walk as far *back* into MMA as one can and somewhat between the dorms and the ship.

Does this help?

-T

newfsmith
08-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Do we actually all leave at 6 AM, or is the start staggered?
Lisa

It is sort of staggered, they let the 20+ riders line up first, and then various categories down to about 9-10 mph; but it is an honor system so not everybody that jumps to the first group goes that fast for long.
I go for the back of the pack because when the pack is a couple thousand it is pretty crowded. It is a lot easier to just let everyone go and play catch up. It takes about 20 minutes for the back of the pack to leave. I'm pretty sure I was on the road by 6:30 last year.

Bklynmom
08-01-2007, 04:50 PM
Thanks Newfsmith-
I am getting kind of wound up about this ride, although I am certainly ready. Now I have one less thing to fixate on - the start! Thanks. a 6:30 start will give me time to digest my breakfast.

I am happy to hang back and let everyone out the gate. I am thinking of the first 20 miles as a slow warm up - as per the suggestion of a much more experienced rider. I plan on doing my passing in the last 20 miles when I start to hit the caffeinated Gu gel:eek:

I'll text everyone when I arrive in Sturbridge.

It's great to have all of you to talk to about this - this blog is so great, I love TE:) .

Lisa

Triskeliongirl
08-05-2007, 04:09 AM
Let us know how your ride went. Are you all riding today to P-town? I rode to Bourne from Woods Hole yesterday, and it was quite windy getting back so hope you guys had a good ride! Pictures please!!!!!!!!!!!

newfsmith
08-08-2007, 04:10 PM
As always, it was a great ride. Saturday was the hotter of the 2 days, over 90 after 11:00 am. Do I ride fast to get out of the heat sooner, or slower to avoid generating too much heat? Being basically lazy, I opted for the latter. and got to Bourne about a hour later than last year. Out of 4967 riders off the line Saturday, only 16 were hospitalized, and all were released by Monday. 35 % were women, the average age of the riders was 43.

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=171049952/PictureID=3636250513/a=87559563_87559563/t_=87559563

Triskeliongirl
08-10-2007, 12:10 PM
http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=171049952/PictureID=3636250513/a=87559563_87559563/t_=87559563

I am glad to hear you had a great ride!! I only found 2 pic in the album (one when I clicked on the link, 2 when I pasted the above into my browser). Did I do something wrong? Did you get a shot of the TE gals?

weird, everytime I click on the link it just duplicates the original photo and adds it to the show, but still one image of your husband.