PDA

View Full Version : Burke-Gilman Trail---good news, finally!

salsabike
07-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Well, hallelujah! Much credit to Cascade Bicycle Club for persisting on this issue:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/325184_trail26.html

KnottedYet
07-26-2007, 07:03 PM
that LFP stretch truly is the most dangerous section of the parts of the trail I ride.

It is narrow, it is twisty and hard to see what's ahead, and the pavement is broken up.

mimitabby
07-27-2007, 07:03 AM
and the natives are hostile.

Well, they're still going to be hostile, but at least we'll have the legal right of way again. What great news! Now if they'd just get rid of the * administration. :( I know, that's outside of the scope of the Cascade bike club. :( :( :(

salsabike
07-27-2007, 07:56 AM
Not entirely outside their scope--they do recommend voting slates for LFP.

And if some of the ruder racer weenies would now learn some manners--that would help too.

But at least they'll get rid of the damn bumps and stupid stop signs!

Eden
07-27-2007, 08:21 AM
And if some of the ruder racer weenies would now learn some manners--that would help too.

That's unfair - during the times I ride the Burke (which I try to not do often) It's not the racers who are the rude ones. Usually I observe that its middle aged male commuters (often with back packs or panniers) who can't stand being passed that are the ones who act like weenies - passing around corners or when there isn't really enough room, sticking on your butt like glue etc.
Just wearing a logo shirt does not make you a racer. Anyone can buy a reproduction shirt.

salsabike
07-27-2007, 08:27 AM
Sorry. I was careful to say "some of the ruder racer weenies". We ride the trail a lot, and we have most definitely seen racing team members blast through there with no apologies. Not just the middle aged commuter guys. I know there are plenty of very well behaved racers on the trail. There are also a few who are not.

Eden
07-27-2007, 08:34 AM
And as I said there are plenty that are not racers who are just as rude, if not more. Going fast is not nearly as dangerous as some of the bozo moves I see people do when they are too eager to pass and there is a lot of traffic.... (sez me who has been hit now 3 times on the trail by non racers - once even head on by someone who was on MY side of the trail looking down AND hidden around a corner thanks - good thing I was not going more than about 5 mph!)

salsabike
07-27-2007, 09:08 AM
I totally agree, Eden.