PDA

View Full Version : Shenandoah Valley Century

IFjane
07-26-2007, 09:44 AM
Anyone planning on doing this? I rode the 50 mile loop last year & it was great fun. Beautiful ride. I'll be there again this year & I think Batbike will be there as well.

http://www.svbikeclub.org/svbc_century.html

Zen
07-26-2007, 03:45 PM
that sounds like a good, well organized ride. A few of us are doing the Civil War Century the day before,though.
Or in my case the Civil War 26:p

If I had money and someone to share driving I'd probably choose this one, I've done that Civil War route so many times I can't count em

leulamax
07-27-2007, 06:36 AM
We've been thinking about the Shenandoah ride. I bet I could get some of our group to go.
Zen - Where is the civil war century?

IFjane
07-27-2007, 09:44 AM
Oh zen - c'mon down the Valley and join us! It's their 25th anniversary & they have rolled-back the entry to 1982 - $4.00 per person! You can't beat that. :) Registration is capped at 300 riders, so register early.

leulamax, let me know if you decide to come & we'll try to meet!

Attached is a flyer with registration form. Y'all come!

Velobambina
07-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Too bad I've already registered for the Civil War metric on the 8th. Maybe next year?

Leulmax--I love that puppy! Is s/he a golden?

Zen
07-27-2007, 01:45 PM
If I can find someone to ride with I'll do both.
Getting up early is hard enough and distance driving tends to make me sleepy:o

leulamax
08-30-2007, 06:10 AM
Velo - He is actually a yellow lab. Because he is so much darker than most yellow labs, people have always asked if he was a Golden. He is now 70 (:eek: !) pounds and looks like a very light chocolate, and he will bring you EVERY sock and small item he can find in the house. :D

We are still trying to decide about the Shendandoah ride. I think it would be fun, but I am still not very good at longer distances.....
Is anyone else going?

IFjane
08-30-2007, 12:58 PM
We are still trying to decide about the Shendandoah ride. I think it would be fun, but I am still not very good at longer distances.....
Is anyone else going?

My SO and I will be there. I am not doing the century this time - have been working 55 hours/week for the last 3 weeks & have not been on the bike much at all. :( I am planning on doing the 50 mile option. It's a beautiful ride - through Mennonite country - lots of rolling hills, horses & buggies (no, they aren't spooked by the bikes), and kids riding home from church on bicycles!

madscot13
08-31-2007, 05:03 PM
unfortunately, my bike will not be getting here before the 13th. i hope some nice rides are still possible.

IFjane
09-04-2007, 10:01 AM
unfortunately, my bike will not be getting here before the 13th. i hope some nice rides are still possible.

madscot13 - check out the Rappahannock Rough Ride thread. It is not far from the DC area at all.