PDA

View Full Version : waterskiing

RolliePollie
07-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Oooooh, I am sooooo excited! Tomorrow we are going waterskiing! Any other waterskiiers out there?

My favorite sport before cycling...I've been waterskiing every single summer since I was 6 years old. My parents have an old 70's jet boat and we're heading to a local mountain lake. I absolutely love to ski. To me, it feels like flying. We run a 100' rope because of the jet spray, so you can really get out there a ways when you go outside the wake. I'm getting myself all excited about it just typing this! I may have to follow up with pictures.

abvnx
07-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Oooooh, I am sooooo excited! Tomorrow we are going waterskiing! Any other waterskiiers out there?

My favorite sport before cycling...I've been waterskiing every single summer since I was 6 years old. My parents have an old 70's jet boat and we're heading to a local mountain lake. I absolutely love to ski. To me, it feels like flying. We run a 100' rope because of the jet spray, so you can really get out there a ways when you go outside the wake. I'm getting myself all excited about it just typing this! I may have to follow up with pictures.

oh,fun! i tried it once. there were one pair of skis and the foot part was too big for my feet on the smallest setting and my feet kept slipping out when i tried getting my feet into position. so i guess i went "water dragging":p hope you have a great time!:)

SchwarkCycle
07-27-2007, 06:56 AM
I LOVE waterskiing - grew up w/ a lake house and was an avid waterskiier for many years. My ski is collecting a lot of dust right now - haven't skiied at all this year! :( However, we are going to be out on a lake next week for an office gathering - not sure if I will ski. I am rather spoiled and don't like skiing in rough water - love that smooth as glass stuff to cut it up!

RolliePollie
07-28-2007, 09:43 AM
We had SO much fun on Thursday! Waterskiing rocks! Cycling muscles and waterskiing muscles go very well together. I skiied three times for a loooong time and I wasn't getting tired. I'm thinking cycling/skiing cross-training may be my next endeavor. In the picture below, the mountains are the Sierra Nevadas west of Lake Tahoe. As you can see, it was a beautiful day. The lake is down a bit, but not bad considering we had no snow pack this year.

Starfish
07-28-2007, 05:41 PM
O Sara, gorgeous pic! Glad you had a great time. I never did learn to water ski. Glad you had fun!