PDA

View Full Version : marathon training with a handicap

beth
07-18-2002, 01:48 PM
Hi every one,
my question is a simple one that I have been asking many runners,walkers,so on.....
does anyone beside myself have siezure's? and if so have you found out that a form of excersize controll's your medical condition...
this will be my 4th marathon and I am now 41 years old....I have been told off, spit on and all the wonderful things that come with having my condition....(my favorite was an elderly man telling me that I was possesed by the devil)
leave me a note and let me know what all you have to go thru too.
I hate being alone..
see ya later

the lioness is the hunter....[/QUOTE] :p ;)

Kpicha
07-22-2003, 03:41 AM
Possessed by the devil?! LOL, the things people say! Don't let that get to you! Spit on, too!? What's the matter with people? Geez Louise!

As far exercise helping the seizures goes, I don't honestly don't know but I hope it does, for your sake :)

I wish I could be more of a help.

Cheers,
Kristina

waterlilli
08-11-2003, 05:43 PM
This post is a wee bit late, all apologies. People can be so horrible sometimes. I think that it comes with ignorance and they simply do not understand. I have never had a seizure, but worked with disabled youth and have seen them. Most of them were drop seizures where you would not even know, but not all of them. They are very emotional to watch, as many times as I saw the young girl have them, I never got used to the feeling of being helpless to help, or knowing when it would stop. It sounds as though you are doing well, marathons and all. Hopefully people will become more educated about differences and more accepting.