PDA

View Full Version : My Time Trial

Gowest
07-22-2007, 04:07 PM
OK - here goes - I am posting results - not that they are all that - but hey - results are results. I am now the veteran of four time trials - this one being the last - French Broad Cycling Classic in Asheville - I raced cat 4 - as I am just one year on a bicycle and 40 years old. The 20k out and back I did in 33min 01 sec - a little slower than my personal best of 32.53. I placed 17/26 for cat 4. I had major saddle issues in this race - see post in Heath area. My goal for next season is to take 2 min off this time - given I have only raced four TT's in two months - I think I can do it. Lovin' the TT - road and crits will be next for me.

Debi:eek:

RoadRaven
07-23-2007, 03:05 AM
Awesome effort Debi

You have great body position with your arms/hands
Like the matching socks too!

You wear your new bike very well...

Impressive time... particularly if you have only been cycling for a year and this was your fourth TT.

Your time is what my goal is - unfortunately almost all of our TT courses have some rolling hills or false flats, and we have a very coarse chip on the roads which makes NZ times a bit slower.

I really hope the saddle issues disappear REAL quick (check out my last post in the "Training for Time Trials" thread- maybe you should do what Cancellara does!). Hate to think of you craving TTs and being unable to ride them.

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=12489&page=5

TTs ROCK!!!

Gowest
07-23-2007, 06:57 AM
Thanks Raven. Our course was "essentially flat" here in the mountains we don't have anything flat - it goes up about 2 degrees out and back down on the way back with slight undulations. The surface is not bad.

What do you think of this saddle???? I am going to search the forums to see if anyone has tried it.

http://triathlonlab.com/Blackwell_ISM_Adamo_Saddle-p-16484.html

Debi:)

smilingcat
07-23-2007, 10:50 AM
Triatholon lab?? There are located just down the street from where I live. Small world.

Sorry can't help you with that saddle or know of anyone who uses it. But Triatholon lab caters to hard core competitive types so all their stuff tends to cater to the serious. Hardly anything for a beginners there. The bikes they push are Obera orca & ordu, Kuota, Cervelo P2s, P3s, Soloists... so I would expect the seat to be fairly high end.

Their clientele are mostly men. Young, very serious and competitive. And old farts with too much disposable money.

The downside is that testoserone level is pretty high at the shop and I'm not certain about catering to women. They don't ignore me all that often cause they know where I train. :D

Smilingcat