PDA

View Full Version : My new ride

Veronica
09-25-2004, 06:48 PM
We've talked about getting new mountain bikes for a year now. We finally bit the bullet and we have two 2004 Stumpjumper Comps on order. We're changing out the integrated shifting that comes with them for Rapid Fire. It will be interesting to see what the trails we've been doing without front suspension will feel like now with it.

V.

http://www.specialized.com/OA_MEDIA/2004/bikes/04StumpjumperCompblu_l.jpg

pedalfaster
09-25-2004, 08:08 PM
Pretty! Are you getting the blue?

You're gonna love those front forks! :cool:

Veronica
09-26-2004, 04:45 AM
It only comes in blue. Once again Thom and I will have exactly the same bike, except for the saddle. It is a pretty blue though.

V.

JanT
09-26-2004, 09:28 AM
You are going to have some fun with those new bikes! I'll bet you can hardly wait to hit the trails with them. Let us know how it goes.
Jan

massbikebabe
09-26-2004, 10:28 AM
Congrats V, it's a beauty:D

I have a very low end Hardrock that I use as a beater bike that I love. Specialized makes a GREAT product that'ss easy o the wallet!

karen

aka_kim
09-26-2004, 02:34 PM
All blues are pretty blues! :) Very nice ride. From my viewpoint as perpetual mtb beginner, the most immediate thing I noticed when getting front suspension was how fast I could go downhill on the fire trails. Zoom.

Veronica
09-26-2004, 03:20 PM
I hear you also got a new ride Kim. :D

V.

aka_kim
09-27-2004, 08:04 AM
Yeah, zoom!

Dogmama
09-27-2004, 08:39 AM
Ooohhhhh, it's so clean! Doesn't it make you want to play in the mud?

Veronica
09-29-2004, 07:31 PM
Thom surprised me with one of the bikes today. The other one hasn't come in yet. Somehow I messed up the front derailleur on my Rockhopper last week and we spent a little bit of time yesterday trying to figure out what happened to it. It's weird, nothing is bent, nothing appears to have slipped, but I can't shift it out of the granny gear. We'll mess with it some more this weekend.

Normally we mountain bike Wed. nights. We were going to do road tonight, but I decided to cook instead ( a nice risotto.) So tomorrow will be my first ride with suspension. He got home too late to go out tonight.

V.