PDA

View Full Version : Every have just a bad ride?

bike4ever
07-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Went out today to tackle one of our more challenging trails - I desperately need to get ready for Colorado in 3 weeks. Before I got to the trail I realized I left my wallet at home. Turned around to get it since I thought some form of ID might be helpful.

Finally got started on the trail only to have my phone ring. I knew it was work since my work number has its own ring tone. So I took the call and got completely frustrated with happenings there.

Again, restarted but I really wasn't able to establish anything fluid/smooth. My balance just wasn't there. So I turned around and went back to my car. Once I was at my car, I figured I'd go the harder direction on the trail. If I can't work on slow balance through rocks then I'd work on slow, hill climbs.

I did finally make it to the top of the trail. On the down side, things went a little smoother. I was about 8 minutes from finishing and completely washed out. I was trying to avoid some big rocks so I cut down a slight hill of leaves. Won't try that again. No major injuries - just pride and some leg scratches.

Let's hope for a better ride tomorrow.

anakiwa
07-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Some days you have to let go and realize it just isn't there. I suppose it makes the good days all that much sweeter.

Hope tomorrow works out better :)

Veronica
07-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Yeah I can relate - I'm not sure which was worse - an endo that resulted in 7 stitches in my elbow or falling off a twenty foot cliff. :rolleyes:

V.

bouncybouncy
07-20-2007, 07:12 AM
Sometimes you just have to let the trail-gnomes have their day! They will get tired and the trail will be yours again!!! :p

MomOnBike
07-20-2007, 08:53 AM
I'm a firm believer that gritting your teeth and riding on bad days is a Good Thing, as the good days will feel that much better.

Also, don't forge that old bumper sticker: "The worst day fishing is better than the best day at work." Substitute biking for fishing and keep on a-crankin'.