PDA

View Full Version : Staying Warm

CorsairMac
09-23-2004, 08:59 AM
Thanks for all the great advice to Tr-ing but I have a question about cold weather I didn't see addressed or answered. I"ve got the leg warmers, arm warmers, balaclava, etc etc but the issue here in NM - it was 46 this morning but will be 77 by the time I ride home (I ride to work usually in the wind one way or the other!) I was very comfie this morning @ 46 cept for 1 part of me. The crotch. Is there something I can wear under/over my shorts that I can take off and pack for the return ride home? I just found this site the other day - and I gotta tell everyone - gosh what took me so long to find it! Everyone/everything here is awesome and I"m loving it! Looking forward to all your help and answers!
Thanks
Kathie

administrator
09-24-2004, 11:55 AM
CRAFT makes a windblocking underwear, intended for skiing but could probably work for biking. Their site is only showing men's/unisex, but I think that they also make/made a piece like this for women.

S3 Brief (http://www.craft-usa.com/anc_shop_zoom.php?back=90&category=17&headline=men&area=shop&type=bunderwear&id=24&bcsex=m)

CorsairMac
09-24-2004, 02:13 PM
thanks - its worth looking into and not too costly!

Surlygirl
09-29-2004, 06:23 PM
Hot chillys are great and work for biking or skiing. You can find them at thousandmile.com under thermals.
They are really great on those cold morning rides as a base layer.

spazzdog
09-30-2004, 05:03 AM
I have some cycling specific windpants... I'll have to dig them out and check the brand. I used them for the AidsRide way back when. If I find them I'll let you know.

By the by Corsair... I lived in Alb. back in the mid 70's. Frontier Restaurant; sweet rolls and green chili cheeseburgers - mmmmm!

CorsairMac
09-30-2004, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by spazzdog
I have some cycling specific windpants... I'll have to dig them out and check the brand. I used them for the AidsRide way back when. If I find them I'll let you know.

By the by Corsair... I lived in Alb. back in the mid 70's. Frontier Restaurant; sweet rolls and green chili cheeseburgers - mmmmm!

Wind pants would be perfect - *crossing fingers you can find the brand* and Frontier Rest RULESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

and thanks for the website SG - I'm checking it out right now!....

spazzdog
10-06-2004, 04:49 AM
Corsair... they're Bellwether Windfront Tights. I really love them.

I had been given a 2nd hand pr initially (a little big and all nubbly) and liked them so much I bought a spanky new pair back then. Don't know if they'll still fit, but truth be told, when the temp dips I ride inside.

I saw some listed on Nashbar returns site for $40 (usually $80, but IMHO well worth the price).

You do have to wear your chamoix shorts or chamoix undies as the tights have no pad.

good luck!

CorsairMac
10-06-2004, 11:49 AM
Thanks again spazz - I'll have to look for those. I also found some water resistent/windproof pants from REI for about $36.00. They are for cyling, fit over my shorts and pack small. Of course since I picked them up I haven't been able to ride so I don't know yet how they work! *cigh*......counting the days til I can ride again!