PDA

View Full Version : Relocating to Richmond

tulip
07-17-2007, 01:10 PM
I'll be relocating to Richmond soon. I understand there's a pretty active cycling club there. I currently ride road B-pace 40-60 miles, as well as some multi-day rides (but not self-supported). I have a Luna Eclipse road bike, and a Jamis Coda bike for city jaunts and errands.

Any TE riders and/or Luna folks in the Richmond area?

Velobambina
07-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Jane & Jeanne are down that way.

Tulip, it's so good to see you back! I've missed you. Lucky you, getting to escape DC!!

IFjane
07-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the tip, Velobambina!

Jeannierides and KayTee are both in the Richmond area and are members of RABA. I am about 90 miles northeast of Richmond, but I still manage to get down there for rides. Welcome to the area, Tulip! Please stay in touch and I hope to meet you someday soon.

tulip
07-18-2007, 06:55 AM
Hi Velobambina,

I've been quite busy managing my mid-life crisis...whew, what a year! Maybe we can do a Luna ride sometime in August, as we've never quite gotten that together. Or a Luna-Seven ride, or just a mojito.

DC's just too congested and way to expensive to support my bike habit and stay adequately housed. I've been here for six years, and I've enjoyed in mostly. But when my life turned upside down, well, I figured it was time for a slower, saner pace.

I'll look up the Richmond folks. I expect to get settled there by the end of August. But I will still be up in NOVA for my haircuts with Kevin.

Anyone from Richmond doing the River Ride in the Northern Neck in September?

-tulip

Jane & Jeanne are down that way.

Tulip, it's so good to see you back! I've missed you. Lucky you, getting to escape DC!!

jeannierides
09-08-2007, 04:12 AM
Hi Tulip.
Welcome to Richmond! RABA is the cycling club. I am a member, but due to my work schedule, then my accident, I haven't done rides with them. KayTee is quite active.
What part of Richmond did you locate in (oh, I hate ending sentences like that)? KayTee and I are at opposite ends of Richmond.
Jeannie

tulip
09-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Hi Tulip.
Welcome to Richmond! RABA is the cycling club. I am a member, but due to my work schedule, then my accident, I haven't done rides with them. KayTee is quite active.
What part of Richmond did you locate in (oh, I hate ending sentences like that)? KayTee and I are at opposite ends of Richmond.
Jeannie

I have looked at the RABA rides, but so far have not done any yet, but I definitely intend to. I hope to meet you and KayTee soon. I did a great urban ride on my Jamis Coda on Saturday to explore the city. I came to the conclusion that Richmond is ONE BIG HILL AFTER ANOTHER! I understand there are seven hills, but I think I found 21.

I moved to the Church Hill area east of Shockoe. I like it alot. Richmond has alot to offer and I'm glad I moved here!

jeannierides
09-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Church Hill is beautiful! You're right about the hills! We usually ride more in the West End/Goochland areas, and it is definitely hilly! A good training ride area is West Creek Parkway, which connects 250 (West Broad) and Route 6 (Patterson Avenue). It's a 6 mile loop - office campuses - with beautiful lakes and lots of rolling hills. We ride there when there's no time to go anywhere else. I haven't ridden this season, since I'm just getting my *bike legs* back after my accident in February.

I look forward to meeting you!:D

Jeannie

jeannierides
09-12-2007, 04:56 PM
Anyone from Richmond doing the River Ride in the Northern Neck in September?

-tulip

That looks like a beautiful ride, but it'll have to go on next year's list.:rolleyes: We all three have plans (right, girls?) to meet for The Great Peanut Tour next year in Emporia. I think Kaytee may have done that one this year, but I'm not up for Century rides this year.:(

tulip
09-21-2007, 10:54 AM
I'll be doing the River Ride, or more accurately volunteering in some capacity. I hope to get some riding in, too.

Kaytee has some nice bikes, whoo-eee. I don't know the Goochland area at all, and it will be a while before I figure things out, but I'll be doing some RABA rides. I hope also to explore what's east of the city. I did a very fun urban stomp a few weeks ago. Learned all about the city from Church Hill to Byrd Park and everywhere in between. I love alley rides, and Richmond has great alleys.

I also did Skyline Drive last week. It was very challenging, but I recommend it to anyone who has a few miles in their legs, and a triple or compact crankset.