PDA

View Full Version : grizzly peak cyclists

moonfroggy
09-22-2004, 03:51 PM
hihi, is anyone here in the sanfransisco bay area and a member of grizzly peak cyclists? i am thinking about joining but i have never ridden with a bike club and i can be really shy about meeting new people and stuff, would be cool to hear from members

Trek420
09-22-2004, 04:08 PM
lots of t.e.'ers from CA! Grizzly Peak cyclists are a good club, they have a novice riders series twice a year to introduce new riders to group riding skills. I highly recommend it, check their website.

There are many other bike clubs in the Bay Area as well, including ...drum roll....Velogirls, a womens club.

Try different groups, different rides, you'll get a sense of which you like. Don't be nervous, cyclists are a friendly bunch as a general rule ;-) ;)

moonfroggy
09-22-2004, 06:07 PM
There are many other bike clubs in the Bay Area as well, including ...drum roll....Velogirls, a womens club.

the velogirls ride at times that don't work for me, but i have checked out there web page and they seem really cool, like i said i am shy i think i will try out the grizly peak cyclists soon though, i recently removed my back tire and inner tube then put it all back cuz i feel like i at least need to know how to fix a flat and stuff, and tomorrow or very soon i will get some real bike shorts, i feel sorta funny going for a ride without proper bike clothes, i am very shy and self conscious.
thanks for the reply, i feel less afraid now

Trek420
09-22-2004, 06:28 PM
good for you, i'm still shaky on fixing flats!

and about "proper' bike clothes, sure it's more comfortable with 'em but I've seen some terrific riders who bike in anything and...i would not want to be a part of any club that was snobbish about clothes/gear so you should feel welcomed. just get out there and ride.