PDA

View Full Version : super short 4' 11

moonfroggy
09-22-2004, 03:49 PM
hi so i am new here, i have seen a lot of ladies mention being short and having trouble finding a biek to fit but for most of you short seems to be 5' 2 and i am 4' 11 actually i am 4 ' 10.3 i have a nice hybrid it is 13'5 a marin larkspur, i really want a road bike tho, i can't afford one right now but when i can afford one i dunno how i will ever find one in my size, unless i get one custom made and that means saving up my money even longer
i am thinking i might just get drop handle bars for my hybrid i can save up for that, as you can prolly tell i am a begginer at bicycling, i have had my bike for 3 years and for a while i was getting realy into it but then i had a bad fall and sorta backed off from it for a while, the fall broke my helmet and snet me to er in an ambulence, i had a headache for 6 months but i am fine now, so i am riding on flat roads about 35 miles a couple times a week, i want to start riding 35 miles every day with longer rides on weekends though
i am glad i found this place

Trek420
09-22-2004, 04:00 PM
welcome moonfroggy. you'll find a lot of help here.

4'11 is not so short and there are more choices for women today in frames. does your current bike fit well? are you comfy on it at your current distances? :p

moonfroggy
09-22-2004, 06:03 PM
i am comfortable riding around town, but i have started riding longer distances, i think it is fine for now, but the handle bars are bothering me, they feel to close to my body, and my arms get tired in the same position for houres on end, or even for just an hour, i want drop handle bars because from what i have read i would have different places to move my arms, but i am pretty broke right now, i am thinking about getting those things that go on the ends of the bars i don't know what they are called, but i have seen them for around 25 to 50 dollars and i can definitly afford that, currently my longest ride is 35 miles but i want to go farther, if i didn't get sunburned so easily even with spf 50 sunscreen i would already be riding a lot farther, i need to find my bike light and stuff so i can ride at night and not worry about sunburns