PDA

View Full Version : This Mountain Biking is FUN

surgtech1956
07-14-2007, 07:22 PM
My partner and I went camping for the week, we took our kayaks and thought we'd maybe do some hiking. The campgrounds we were at are also known for all the mountain bike trails(novice to expert). Anyways to shorten this up a bit. A couple of friends came up for the day and brought their mountain bikes. I took one for a ride(Giant Boulder SE) and had a blast - on the novice/intermediate trails. I thought the bike was too small(15") for me, but it wasn't I see where you want a smaller frame for mountain biking. I am rethinking mountain biking. It was great fun and a real workout.

Tri Girl
07-15-2007, 06:17 AM
It really is a lot of fun- you'll come to the dirty side one way or another....I'm glad you had a lot of fun out there- it really is a great alternative to the roads.

I prefer to ride in the winter when road riding is more limited due to cold weather (and there's no ticks and spiders in winter). It really is soooo much more engaging than road riding. You have to constantly be on alert. No zoning out in mtn biking, and my legs always get such a good workout (and I get to sport cool cuts and bruises from falling so much :D ).