PDA

View Full Version : its not the falls that hurt...

han-grrl
07-13-2007, 05:57 PM
its the sudden stop! especially, when you stop with your face!

So today, while working at the mtb camp for boys, we were caught in a torrential down pour. CRAZY RAIN. anyway, i was riding behind the boys, when my back wheel slipped and down i go :eek:

So, i had to be big and tough in front of the boys :cool: got some help getting back up, and walked my way out. I got back to base camp, where i took a private corner for my girl moment :( and pulled myself together.

So now, i have this lovely fat lip :p , some scratched on my face and a good bump on my shin. All in the name of work! :D

As another lesson, i was wearing my clear lenses, :cool: (one piece interchangeable kind), and they popped off after my fall, but they prevented much worse injuries to my eyes. So always wear glasses of some kind!!

Han "Big Lips"
:p

Starfish
07-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Wow, really glad you are OK!

On the plus side, those kinds of "war wounds" are always popular with young boys...you have probably gone up 50% in their estimation just for your new gnarly look! :p

Zen
07-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Wow, really glad you are OK!

But I want photos;)
I'll trade you for one of me with a case of cellulitis (on my face!)

han-grrl
07-14-2007, 05:54 AM
cellulitis on the face? Ouch!

I have been hearing more and more about people getting cellulities. Does anyone know how it is caused?

han-grrl
07-14-2007, 06:00 AM
Well, the swelling has already gone down, i have been icing and using my therapeutic magnet. But the bruise looks like it will be quite nice!

Velobambina
07-14-2007, 11:56 AM
You're still a beauty.

Try arnica gel on your bruises. Makes them go away faster.

Here's hoping you heal quickly.

Crankin
07-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Cellulitis is basically an infection you get from dirt... my son got it from sleeping in the trenches during training in the Marines. It can be quite horrible from he told me.

Zen
07-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Sexy!
Some people pay big money for lips like that:D