PDA

View Full Version : Book signing tonight!

teigyr
07-12-2007, 07:37 AM
Is anyone else going? We'll be there and hopefully will be able to get there early enough to get decent seats. If anyone else goes, it would be nice to say hi or meet new TE people :D

mekira
07-12-2007, 07:45 AM
I'm so jealous LOL

He's not coming to Canada is he?? :(

mimitabby
07-12-2007, 08:30 AM
we're not going, son's best friend is coming to dinner :(

teigyr
07-12-2007, 08:36 AM
mekira, it looks like no Canada dates, alas!

Mimitabby, too bad. If you want a book signed, let me know. I don't know if there's a limit or not but we're willing to get books to have them signed if anyone wants one.

East Hill
07-12-2007, 09:09 AM
I keep saying that I should call in 'hot' (hey, I've got over 1800 hours of accumulated sick leave!). Would that work for Floyd?

Just joking, Mr. East Hill would frown on dodging my responsibilities...:p

East Hill

mimitabby
07-12-2007, 09:14 AM
ah, East, you only live once. If you really want to go, DO IT.
the job will still be there tomorrow.

Susan126
07-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Dang I wish I could go but I will be packing tonight. Tomorrow morning early we are leaving for Spokane. Going to my niece's wedding. I sure wish I could go!!!! :( Teigyr let me know all about it! Pictures!

teigyr
07-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Last night I made sure the battery was charged in the camera. I even woke up at 4am to go to the signing; my normal shift is 10am-8:30pm so I swapped it to a 6am start time.

I only have maybe 4 hours of sleep due to heat and having to wake up early but I will do the best I can :D

The things we do for cycling.

East Hill
07-12-2007, 09:43 AM
ah, East, you only live once. If you really want to go, DO IT.
the job will still be there tomorrow.

If I'd been thinking, I would have done as teigyr, and rearranged my schedule. It's too hot to think straight.

East Hill

teigyr
07-12-2007, 10:02 AM
It's too hot to think straight.

East Hill

yes it is.

I know, I could write you a note :D

Dear. East Hill's Employer,

East Hill has a dr's appointment and will be unable to attend today. Please accept this note to verify her absence is necessary. She will be back to work tomorrow.

Teigyr

Susan126
07-12-2007, 10:22 AM
:D Yes, the things we do for cycling! You are prepared teigyr! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Speaking of heat . . . yesterday I did a 40 mile ride in the dang heat. I started at 9:00 AM (when I should have started at 7:00 AM) . . . then I ran into a friend. We rode to an espresso stand and chatted and sipped mochas for 40 minutes (while the temperature rose and rose). I finished my ride a little past noon with the temperature reading 93 degrees at my house. Needless to say I paid the price. I had a horrible headache the rest of the day. No matter how much water, poweraide, fluids I took in the headache persisted. Even tylenol and later ibuprofen did not help. Heat can be dangerous. Thank goodness it's cooler today. Be safe out there when the temperatures are high!

East Hill
07-12-2007, 01:28 PM
yes it is.

I know, I could write you a note :D

Dear. East Hill's Employer,

East Hill has a dr's appointment and will be unable to attend today. Please accept this note to verify her absence is necessary. She will be back to work tomorrow.

Teigyr

Hehehehe, I already have FMLA paperwork on the books, but darn it, they're expecting me, and another person already is taking the day off on annual leave--so I would feel quite guilty :o .

But thanks! I'll have to keep that one in mind. Say Hi to Floyd for the rest of us TE ladies.

East Hill

KnottedYet
07-12-2007, 08:51 PM
Crud. I forgot. And now it's too late.

The darn bookshop is about 4 miles from me!!!!!! crud. crud. crud.

mimitabby
07-13-2007, 07:29 AM
how'd it go Teigyr??

teigyr
07-13-2007, 07:48 AM
He was completely open to every question asked. We were in the fourth row and this was his largest signing yet. I think he was pretty amazed! He did ride earlier that day and was on the trail but I don't know when. There was a long wait for book signing but he handled it with grace and a sense of humor.

mimitabby
07-13-2007, 08:02 AM
oh, what a nice picture! how big was the crowd? Huge?

East Hill
07-13-2007, 11:18 AM
I did not realise that Floyd was that tall! Very nice photo of you and Mr. teigyr and Floyd. How many books did you get signed?

East Hill

teigyr
07-13-2007, 11:33 AM
We got three books signed. One is personalized to us, the others are generic. Yes, he is taller than I thought he'd be! He's also way funnier and far better looking.

There were about 350 people at the signing. He was very surprised. He mentioned it at the airport today also, nobody expected that kind of turnout and it was more than the one in his hometown even. He did mention to one of my co-workers that if he comes back and we know that he'll be here, to talk to him about going for a ride. I think I would be intimidated :p

East Hill
07-13-2007, 12:11 PM
. He did mention to one of my co-workers that if he comes back and we know that he'll be here, to talk to him about going for a ride. I think I would be intimidated :p

I think that would be too cool! I would love to do that :D . But I know all of you know now that I am crazy :p .

Was he flying on AS?

East Hill

teigyr
07-13-2007, 01:49 PM
That he was. I wasn't here for the blessed event but others saw him. Everyone kept saying just how nice he was.

mimitabby
07-13-2007, 02:39 PM
I'd love to go for a ride with him. I wouldn't be intimidated. If he wanted to stay with us, he would, and if he didn't, we'd see his butt for a minute.
I'm game!

Tri Girl
07-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Cool picture! I'm jealous, but so glad that you got a nice picture of you, the Mr. and Mr. Coooool. :cool:

Ride with him? Heck ya! I might have to max out my HR and hold on for dear life, but I'd stay with him for the 25 seconds that I could.... :D

Too cool!!!!

mimitabby
07-13-2007, 09:00 PM
saw some of my friends from the Redmond Cycling Club. when they saw Floyd last night; one of them invited him to ride Ramrod. He said, "I'm not ready for it, i can't"
so she said "Greg LeMond rode Ramrod with us, but he didn't finish" and Floyd replied,

"Well, I'd finish"

So maybe he'll come back some time and ride with us..