PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Hamilton "Pedaling for Progress" in SF area?

slinkedog
09-19-2004, 04:28 PM
Wondered if anyone is going to do this one? I can't... too hard for me. But my hubby is thinking about going for it. Here's the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.tylerhamiltonfoundation.org/events5.html

snapdragen
09-19-2004, 07:03 PM
Hmmm, interesting. I'll be out of town when it happens this year - gonna keep it in my Favorites list for next year though.

Adventure Girl
09-22-2004, 02:08 PM
I wonder if this will be affected.:(

slinkedog
09-22-2004, 05:21 PM
I don't know. He certainly won't be wearing his Phonak stuff unless they clear him before then. But since this ride is sponsored by his charitable foundation, I doubt they'll cancel it.

SadieKate
10-11-2004, 08:09 AM
I'd love to hear reports from anyone who goes. I wanted to ride so very much but couldn't get organized to do the fundraising because I was going through a battery of med tests. Well, 'lo and behold, I've been disagnosed with MS. Don't know if it was a self-fulfilling prophecy or what, but I really, really want to know if it will happen next year! I'm probably only up to doing any significant fund raising once a year. So Top Hat Classic or wait and see about a 2nd Pedal for Progress?

SadieKate
10-18-2004, 03:52 PM
So, did anyone do this? Any reports and opinions?

slinkedog
10-18-2004, 06:08 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Please know that I'll be thinking of you.

I don't know if they're going to do it again around here next year. I would imagine you can contact someone at the foundation (tylerhamiltonfoundation.org) and they will have some info for you. I didn't get to do the ride, and neither did my husband. Sorry!

SadieKate
10-18-2004, 06:42 PM
Slinkedog, thanks so much. I sure plan on staying on my bike forever!

I was hoping someone had done the ride. I'm thinking about doing the Top Hat Classic MS ride in April so I'd better gear up (pun intended :) ) and start pestering my friends for money!

Trek420
10-18-2004, 06:47 PM
Sadiekate, I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I'll be thinking of you.:rolleyes: :)

slinkedog
10-19-2004, 08:24 AM
Sadie, when is the Top Hat and where? I could probably get in shape for something like that by April, and I'll bet my husband would like to participate, too.

Thanks!

SadieKate
10-19-2004, 12:08 PM
Hopefully, this link to last year's event will work. Next year's date is April 30.

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/can/event/event_detail.asp?e=6715

I like doing events like this because the entry fees are good motivation to train!

Stay in touch and maybe we can meet!

slinkedog
10-20-2004, 08:31 AM
Sounds like a great ride and they have some easier options! I don't know if i could do the 50 mile or not by April. I could surely do the 25. I guess it just depends on how much I get to ride this winter.

It would be totally cool to meet up and ride together, if we do the same route. I would really like that! I was telling one of the girlfriends about it, and she's interested in doing it, too. I think Blaine (husband) will ride it, as well. We'll see. I agree that it's much easier to keep motivated when you have a goal!

SadieKate
10-20-2004, 09:56 AM
I train in the winter on a indoor trainer with a variety of Spinervals tapes. My hubby and I set up dueling trainers in the living room. It's funny how I always win! :D