PDA

View Full Version : first spin class

coyote
07-10-2007, 01:28 PM
oh, I had no idea. I thought that I was pushing myself...but not as hard as someone else pushing me. My legs are sore. I can't wait to do it again - next week.:) The only problem I really have is that I commute to work on my bike and the thought of riding my bike this evening makes my legs want to cry.:eek: This class has really opened my eyes up and made me realize that I need to physically challenge myself more.

Zen
07-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Go Coyote!

If you aren't training on the road and spin class is your hardest workout you should try to spin at least twice a week.

Keep in mind that when you're in spin class it's your ride. If you need more time to recover from a climb, take it! same goes for standing. If it hurts your knees, you don't have to stand.

eclectic
08-04-2007, 01:40 PM
Whoo hoo! way to go for getting out there

I started doing spin class regularily last winter (much more fun than the trainer!)

I noticed a marked improvement when I got back on the bike this spring. My hill climbing improved dramatically and I can stand up to climb or accerlate much better than before

ENJOY (or if you a like me enjoy once the class is over :p

Bike Goddess
08-12-2007, 09:00 PM
I started spin classes in February due to broken humerus (compound fracture). The first few times I felt wiped out afterwards, but then after a couple of weeks, I got used to it. And yes, it is YOUR ride! I upped my classes to 4x a week and occasionally did back to back classes on Sunday mornings.

I just got back on the bike outdoors this past Tuesday after 8 months off the bike (waiting for fractures to heal). I started out with a 15 miler, then 20, then 44 and today I did 51 miles! It's all because of my efforts in spin. It really does make a difference! I've always been a strong rider, but now I'm even stronger on hills and better at high spinning.

Yes, I will continue to spin as my long rides are limited due to work hours. What fun it has been and the comraderie in my classes is unbelievable!!!!