PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done the Lake Champlain tour?

EBD
07-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Hi all,
My boyfriend and I are cycling around Lake Champlain in early August - starting and ending in Burlington (VT), and taking about a week to complete the trip. We've got the route sheets from Lake Champlain Bikeways (and I ordered their maps, although I haven't seen any hint of whether they will come), and some idea of where the state park campgrounds are - but I'd love to hear any experiences, tips, or suggestions that TE readers who have done the trip or live in the area might have. It's my first tour! Yay!

Thanks!

DebW
07-09-2007, 10:37 AM
I'm planning a weekend tour there in late August. We'll start in Burlington and ride the Island Line rail trail out the causeway, take the ferry across the lake, and then cycle on the islands. We'll have children in a trailer so won't go too far. My only previous experience cycling in the area was a weekend on the islands back in 1980-something. So I can't help you with specifics, but have fun and give us a report when you get back.

anakiwa
07-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun! I didn't know there was an organized route around Lake Champlain, but it sounds like a really nice idea (the whole area is really pretty).