PDA

View Full Version : You slowed down just to flip the bird???

Aggie_Ama
07-08-2007, 01:10 PM
DH and I were stopped at a stoplight today waiting to turn on a busier road. While we are there obeying the law, a guy comes toward the intersection on the cross street. He approaches the green light, rolls down his window, slows down, honks and sticks his hand out to flip us off.

We smiled real big and waved. :D

Seriously, was his action worth slowing down? He was going the opposite way on the road we were turning on, there were no other cyclist and we definitely were not impeding his drive at all. I guess he was amused for a few minutes though. :rolleyes:

KnottedYet
07-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Ahhh, a genius, a veritable genius.

He probably patted himself on the back for his brilliance and wit for miles.

Smiling and waving is a beautiful rejoiner.

Starfish
07-08-2007, 02:49 PM
We smiled real big and waved. :D

You are such bigger people than I am. Seriously.

Aggie_Ama
07-08-2007, 03:06 PM

See, I used to return the compliment to those small brained motorist. But one day I noticed when people honk, say something rude or whatever my DH would just put the biggest fake smile on his face and wave with enthusiam. I asked him why... He said "It makes me look like the bigger person and occassionally the honk is a heads up out of courtesy they don't realize it spokes you so then I am just being nice." So now I try to keep my temper in check and follow my brilliant DH's lead, it is hard but darn amusing to me.

Zen
07-08-2007, 03:06 PM
. He approaches the green light, rolls down his window, slows down, honks and sticks his hand out to flip us off.

And I thought I had no life.
At least he had somewhere to go. The liquor store, most likely.

Aggie_Ama
07-08-2007, 03:09 PM
And I thought I had no life.
At least he had somewhere to go. The liquor store, most likely.

You can't buy liquor in Texas on Sundays, but probably going to the grocery store 1 mile further down for beer and cigarettes. Did I mention he was in a FOrd F250, maybe he is insecure? We were pretty amused for a good mile of our ride by him.

Tuckervill
07-08-2007, 03:10 PM
I sometimes blow kisses instead of smiling. A big, flamboyant, two-handed Carol Channing kiss.

mmmmwah!

Karen

mimitabby
07-08-2007, 03:28 PM
Unless they really tick me off (not often) I smile and wave too, as if they were being friendly.
YOu know, when they slow down to flip you the bird it's because it's too hard for them to drive and signal at the same time..

BleeckerSt_Girl
07-08-2007, 03:33 PM
I sometimes blow kisses instead of smiling. A big, flamboyant, two-handed Carol Channing kiss.

mmmmwah!

Karen

OOoooH, I like that!!! I'm gonna do that too!!

Mimi, that's exactly what I thought- he can't drive and flip the bird at the same time, so he has to stop first- insufficient brain cells.

Pax
07-08-2007, 03:52 PM

Same here. Last time I got flipped off I followed the guy into his work parking lot (near my building), I was hopping off the bike to go start something and I must've looked royally pissed cuz he ran into his building looking over his shoulder at me the whole way...coward! :D

Zen
07-08-2007, 04:52 PM
. Did I mention he was in a FOrd F250...

I thought it was the law in Texas to drive a Ford F250:D

So if you were out riding, then it finally stopped raining?
45 straight days of rain, I'm worried about you guys.

Aggie_Ama
07-08-2007, 05:06 PM
I thought it was the law in Texas to drive a Ford F250:D

So if you were out riding, then it finally stopped raining?
45 straight days of rain, I'm worried about you guys.

You know some people need a truck that big for ranching, some need one that big to compensate for small brains or ummm...;)

Yesterday we got stuck in a big downpour, today not a drop! The roads are pretty messed up from all this rain and I hear thunder now. *SIGH*

Karen- Too funny! I should try that. :D
Mimi- The great thing about him slowing down is he could see us wave and smile. That is a keen observation about his driving skills. :p

solobiker
07-08-2007, 06:47 PM
:D All of your posts on this subject have mead me laugh. I agree about the lack of brian cells and having to slow down just to give the "sign". One of my friends that I ride with gets so upset when people do that to us. To me I just think that they are just really jealous that they can't ride a bike. hehehe

KnottedYet
07-08-2007, 07:21 PM
I saw a HUUUUUGE truck down-town, and someone had stuck a little bumpersticker under the truck on the suspension or the frame or something where the owner standing behind the truck wouldn't see it, but someone farther back or lower down would.

It said "Big Truck, Little D*ck."

I imagined some radical pedestrian or cyclist armed with a pocketful of those stickers, wreaking havoc in a shopping mall parking lot....

MM_QFC!
07-08-2007, 07:50 PM
I saw a HUUUUUGE truck down-town, and someone had stuck a little bumpersticker under the truck on the suspension or the frame or something where the owner standing behind the truck wouldn't see it, but someone farther back or lower down would.

I imagined some radical pedestrian or cyclist armed with a pocketful of those stickers, wreaking havoc in a shopping mall parking lot....

have you heard yet where we can each buy em??? They'd be a staple in my jersey pocket...

onimity
07-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Knotted, that is *so* wonderful. I need to get some of those... :) The best I've seen say 'the bigger the SUV the smaller the man.'

Amanda, perhaps this motorist was trying to count the bikes and only got to one? :D In any case, I like your response.

Anne

doc
07-12-2007, 02:53 PM

That is FABULOUS!

Seroiusly, where can we get the stickers???

Mr. Bloom
07-14-2007, 04:38 AM

mmmmwah!

Karen

Well, that doesn't work for me...and the finger WILL get me in trouble. I'll also admit having taken Queen's approach once...

So help me out...what options do I have?

Aggie_Ama
07-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Mr Silver- Smile and wave! :D It is respectful and makes you the bigger person.

I actually have noticed people give my DH a shocked look when he does it. It kind of puts them in their place.