PDA

View Full Version : I'm coming across the Mountains

bikerHen
07-05-2007, 01:13 PM
Looks like I'm going to be in Seattle for the weekend of July 28 and 29. Anyone up for a bike ride, or bike shopping, or both? I'm coming with my daughter, she has a dance thing, and we're either going to be staying close to downtown or out by the airport. Can't remember which. bikerhen

teigyr
07-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Me me me!!! :D

We live near Seattle (slightly north but still in Seattle) and I work at the airport. I'm off on sunday-tues and as of now, we have no plans.

Fun :D And riding or bike shopping is all good. Will you have your bike with you?

mimitabby
07-05-2007, 01:37 PM
I'd love to meet you! I MIGHT be able to get away... One day we're having our "meet the inlaws to be dinner," but i'm not sure which day of that weekend yet...

bikerHen
07-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Right! Talked to my daughter and got most of the information. We are staying by the airport, in the hotel up the hill from the Hilton. :confused: We plan to drive over on Friday afternoon. Yes, I'm bringing my bike. :D Daughter does her dance thing on Sunday sometime.

Sunday might be the better day to ride. I'll have the daughter tagging along on Saturday, so it maybe the better day to do some bike shopping, socializing, eating or all of the above. bikerHen

teigyr
07-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Hmmm, am trying to figure out "up the hill from the Hilton". All of them are right there though and hopefully it's a decent hotel. International Blvd can have some interesting characters wandering around and late-night eating/drinking establishments can be great fun for people watching.

That sunday should work out perfectly then :D

Starfish
07-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Dang, wish I could make it over to Seattle for a TE meet-up. Not in the cards for those dates, though. :(

East Hill
07-05-2007, 09:22 PM
If the Sunday ride's reasonably early (like 8.00 am?) I'm there!

Perhaps a jaunt out to the Super Mall and back? Bikerhen, what kind of riding would you like to do? Flat? Hilly? Length of ride?

East Hill

KnottedYet
07-06-2007, 06:03 AM
Mee toooo!

I'm getting my haircut on that Saturday (haven't had it cut since January, must get it cut!!!!) before lunch, but after that I'm up for bike shopping riding and whatever!

Susan126
07-06-2007, 06:57 AM
BikerHen,

DANG! I wish you were coming a week earlier! That is the weekend we leave for Glacier National Park. Hubby, kids and I will be gone for 10 days! Other wise I would love to meet you and your daughter and get a ride in too! I've noticed my timing this year for rides, events, meeting people, and such has been awful.

Teigyr, I was in your neck of the woods yesterday. My mom, dad, two sisters, and one brother-in-law flew into Seatac airport yesterday. They are leaving this morning on a cruise to Alaska. I met them at the Holiday Inn at Seatac and took them to the Bahama Breeze for dinner. Oh my goodness but 176th - 178th is all torn up! Going down that STEEP hill into South Center was more scary than usual with all the asphalt ripped out and the grooves in the road! :eek:

I want to hear all about the get to together though when I get back!!!!!

Sad I will not be able to be there . . . Sue :(

bikerHen
07-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Sunday morning early-ish would be good for a ride. My daughter does her dance thing that day. My attendance is not really required. As far as ride length, I'm thinking 30 miles give or take? Not a real fan of BIG steep climbs, but a few hills are OK.

But the real important issue is bike shopping! :D I'm still looking for a cyclocross bike and would love to check out a few shop. I'm really interested in visiting the Recycled Cycles shop. Does Kona have an outlet store?

bikerHen