PDA

View Full Version : time of the month

hennig5
09-14-2004, 07:00 PM
As a newby I am disgusted with the fact that my monthly time is going to occur durring my first tri. Any tips from anyone.

Veronica
09-14-2004, 07:05 PM
If you're on the pill, you can put it off a week, by continuing to take the hormone pills. I've done that when I've gone on vacation. I haven't experienced any side effects, but I'm not a doctor. :D

V.

hennig5
09-14-2004, 07:12 PM
V.
Wish i could take hormones. Cant. That is why I am suprised. As usual. I know that you can swim with tampons. I am worried how they respond to running and biking after the swim.

Veronica
09-14-2004, 07:17 PM
Can't speak to running, but I've never had any problems with riding. There's a whole thread about menstruation and various ways to deal with it for riding. Unless it's really heavy or your race is really long, I would think a tampon would be just fine. But again I'm a biker and a swimmer and don't compete anymore.

V.

madisongrrl
11-26-2004, 09:21 AM
Change your tampon at T1. It will help ease your mind and should only add a few minutes to your transition time.

CorsairMac
11-27-2004, 01:39 PM
have you tried "Instead"? Its an alternative to tampons (along the lines of the Keeper) and lasts twice as long - plus there are no strings to worry about or cut off. It takes some slight getting used to but as the brochure said - so did using tampons. I Swear by them and am now a devoted follower after having used tampons for over 30 yrs. They are available at most major durgstores.