PDA

View Full Version : Scenic Shore 150

jandmw
07-04-2007, 12:09 PM
Hi all! I am doing my first charity ride. It is for LLS and I am so excited! I picked this ride after watching my brother-in-law fight and loose to lymphoma. I also work in an ER and see so many wonderful people spending all their energy fighting this awful disease instead of spoiling loved ones. If anyone else is doing this ride or has done it, I would love some tips! You can check out my active page at :

http://www.active.com/donate/2007SS150/JWalters

Thanks all for the help, tips, pointers and great ideas on how to make something I love doing into something that will help others. :D

luvs2ride
07-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Hello there and welcome to TE. Welcome also to LLS/Team in Training. Although I haven't done your specific charity ride, I just finished my first Century with TNT on June 3rd in Lake Tahoe (America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride). TNT will get you to the finish line and you will meet a lot of awesome people along the way. I've also done four marathons with the same organization. Now that I've done a Century, I really think that biking is more "my speed." So much easier on my aging joints! You are doing an awesome thing and all the money that you will work hard to raise will actually go towards helping other people !! What an awesome thing to do in memory/honor of your loved one! I got into TNT events after losing my close friend to cancer. Have fun and enjoy the experience. GO TEAM !!

Blessings!
Susan

jandmw
07-22-2007, 03:27 PM

I did it! I biked all 150 miles this weekend. This was my first long ride and I held in there! I did the first 75 in 6 hours 20 minutes and the second 75 in 5 hours 45 minutes. Of course this included several stops for food and drinks. It was such a great ride!!! I loved every minute of it. This is my team I rode with, Team Bird. I am the second on the left. Our team was in memory of my brother-in-law who passed in October and I swear I could feel him pushing me along all the way. It was wonderful weather too! I am so glad I did it and can't wait until next year! :D

mtbdarby
07-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Way to go!! Fantastic job - and the weather was the best for biking this weekend. Hopefully next year I'll be joining you;)

jandmw
07-24-2007, 05:59 AM
Way to go!! Fantastic job - and the weather was the best for biking this weekend. Hopefully next year I'll be joining you;)

That would be great! There is always room on our team for another so if you don't have one, please joing ours! The weather was really nice. The winds sucked at times, but I suppose you can't be too picky! :D