PDA

View Full Version : Civil War Century

Velobambina
07-04-2007, 04:13 AM
I signed up for the metric. Anyone interested in riding, too? Here's a description:

Gettysburg Metric Century (62 miles) -- On this ride you get to look at the mountains, not climb them, as you meander along pleasant country roads through the lush rolling farmland of the Monocacy and Carroll Valleys to Gettysburg and back. As a bonus, you'll see five covered bridges on this route

There are other rides (full century plus--105 miles--includes some climbs; 77 miles, also climbing; 50 miler, and 25 miler). My husband likely will do one of the shorter rides, but I want to do the metric.

Check www.baltobikeclub.org for info. A good bargain, too. $25 for registration but I wanted the T-shirt, too ($20)

HillSlugger
07-04-2007, 04:37 AM
I did the 25 miler last year. I'll probably be back this year for the 50.

Zen
07-04-2007, 05:59 AM
Way ahead of ya, sister but I can't register yet, I just paid for the Battle of North Valley's Hill ride.

I was going to do the 50 but may do the metric. we'll see.

divingbiker
08-09-2007, 06:40 AM
I just signed up for the Civil War Century 50 miler. So who all's doing this?

7rider
08-09-2007, 07:13 AM
DH and I are *planning* to do the full century but haven't registered yet. We may opt for this one vs. the Seagull, as this one won't require an over-night stay.
Do you have to pre-register, or can you register day of?? It seems like the latter, but I wasn't sure.

madscot13
08-09-2007, 08:10 AM
I could be tempted and this may be jumping the gun but would anyone be coming from DC and be able to offer me a lift?

divingbiker
08-09-2007, 08:34 AM
I could be tempted and this may be jumping the gun but would anyone be coming from DC and be able to offer me a lift?

Sure. We can work out something, maybe pick you up at the Takoma metro station.