PDA

View Full Version : Gene Coulon Park to Maple Valley and back

East Hill
07-02-2007, 07:16 AM
For those of you who enjoyed the ride from Gene Coulon Park out to Maple Valley and back along the Kent East Hill, here is the route that I made on the mapmyride.com website:

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/wa/renton/550065722

We'll have to do this again!

East Hill

mimitabby
07-02-2007, 07:22 AM
Thanks East Hill.
i can't believe that was less than 800 feet of climbing!

teigyr
07-02-2007, 09:34 AM
Wow, me too. Has to be more I think. ?? Of course, I guess, the hills were short. Thanks for the route though, it was perfect in that it had all the elements required for practice :D

Susan126
07-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Hey East Hill,

That is a really cool site! So that's what we road on Sunday?! :p

It was fun! Only 800 feet of climbing!!!! It felt like a lot more! :D

I will have to list a ride some day soon. Maybe my 45 mile hill climbing ride! Any takers????

;)

Sue

East Hill
07-02-2007, 09:17 PM
Hey East Hill,

That is a really cool site! So that's what we road on Sunday?! :p

It was fun! Only 800 feet of climbing!!!! It felt like a lot more! :D

I will have to list a ride some day soon. Maybe my 45 mile hill climbing ride! Any takers????

;)

Sue

Hey, you know I would be up for that as long as we can get going early in the morning, and as long as I don't have to drive too far :p .

What's the route?

East Hill

Susan126
07-03-2007, 06:07 AM
Well the 45 miler starts from Enumclaw HS and then heads down to Flaming Geyser, back up to Black Diamond, continue into Ravensdale, past Kanasket Palmer State Park, and back into Enumclaw. Or we could do my 40 mile figure eight starting from Black Diamond Bike Shop off of route 169 or we could start from Black Diamond Bakery . . . There are two 20 mile loops I do from this starting point. If you are too tired you can always stop after the first 20 miles of the figure eight or if you're feeling strong you can continue on to the second 20 mile loop. Which would you like?

:)

mimitabby
07-03-2007, 06:20 AM
those don't sound too bad. We need food stops along the way (not mcdonald's) though. i didn't get enough food on Sunday (yes, I had breakfast). I am used to
riding with the Rando guys, we always eat well while we are riding.

Susan126
07-03-2007, 06:25 AM
Oh food stops are very important I will have to agree Mimitabby! Both rides go through Black Diamond . . . and there is the Black Diamond Bakery! Have you ever stopped in there to eat, use the bathroom, get a mocha? A bakery in one half with an espresso/coffee bar and pastries and the other half a restaurant with sandwiches, soups, and a nice menu.

East Hill
07-04-2007, 04:24 AM
I would go with either!

Sorry guys, I had not thought about the importance of re-fueling stops. I explained to Teigyr yesterday that I don't normally eat anything on shorter runs, and only start thinking about it after 50 miles or so.

Now restroom stops--that's a different story :p !

The one starting from Black Diamond Bicycle shop sounds good for the start, though. That way, if I can persuade Mr. East Hill to come, he can escape after the first twenty miles, and I would be close enough to home to get back easily on my bike :) .

Start time, and day?

East Hill

Susan126
07-04-2007, 05:59 AM
The next two weekends are bad for me. My sister and parents will be in town this weekend. And next weekend we are going to Spokane for my niece's wedding. If you guys are up to an early Monday morning ride that would work for me.

East Hill
07-04-2007, 07:49 AM
I can do early morning Mondays! How early? As long as I am back home by 11.00 am or noon, I'm ok.

East Hill

mimitabby
07-04-2007, 08:37 AM
the weekend after this one is STP and I am... sagging.

I can't do mondays, unless I get fired.

teigyr
07-04-2007, 09:30 AM
the weekend after this one is STP and I am... sagging.

I don't know, I'd say you're pretty perky :D

On the 9th, I have an 11am appointment near Logboom Park off the B-G so I don't think that would work. The 16th, however, looks good! I realize it's a hill course, how would you describe it beyond that? ie gradual? Steep? Downhills :eek: ?!!!!

East Hill
07-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Steep? Downhills :eek: ?!!!!
I'd agree about the perky mimitabby! And I used to think I was way too chipper :p .

As for the Black Diamond ride, if I remember correctly, there's some nice descents. Yes, steep!

We will have you whizzing down those hills very quickly at this rate :eek: .

Oh, here's the link for Tuesday's ride, in case you missed it:

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/wa/kent/557899610

Let's see if that's the correct one...

East Hill

teigyr
07-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Oh, here's the link for Tuesday's ride, in case you missed it:

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united...kent/557899610

East Hill

Hmmm, it says page not found. Is there another way to search it? It was a great ride and I really want to see where I rode!

East Hill
07-04-2007, 11:51 AM
I think my edit got the correct link!

East Hill

teigyr
07-04-2007, 02:57 PM

I printed out both maps and it was easy to tell where the other started. Was a great route, recreational corridor aside. Actually, THAT was good practice but I thought my arms were going to fall off!!

You are a fantastic route-planner though. I had no idea any of those places even existed!