PDA

View Full Version : Need a mp3 player!

corbin101
07-01-2007, 10:15 PM
I am looking for an MP3 player who has MP3's recorded on a Flash Drive to the car FM Radio. Listen to MP3 Audio Books and Music on the way to work and also it should be small, good battery life, & cheap etc. If you know this type of MP3, please tell me.
Thanks!

F8th637
07-02-2007, 08:03 AM
I personally am a fan of iRiver mp3 players. Check out www.misticriver.net.

Zen
07-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Creative Labs (http://us.creative.com/products/static/213featured.asp)
I forget the model name of mine but it cost me $50.00, uses one AAA battery and has storage space for more music than I own.

Caecilia
07-07-2007, 08:28 AM
It's probably the Zen Nano (http://us.creative.com/products/products.asp?category=213&subcategory=214&product=11518) from Creative Labs - I have the 512MB one and paid $50 at Target. It has definitely been worth the money, gets about 15 hours per AAA battery, holds tons of music or about 25 NPR programs. Lately I have been having problems with sound cutting out to the headphones, but this is probably due to my cheapo headphones and not the nano. It does come with earbuds but those drive me nuts, so I can't speak to their quality.

Zen
07-07-2007, 11:21 AM
My 512MB Nano finally gave out. The new one, the Nano Plus is 1MB but the same physical size and the same price. it clips right on the elastic waistband of my gym shorts. I love it.

Thorn
07-07-2007, 12:04 PM
I have a Creative Nomad (like the current model they call MuVo). I've had it now for several years. I use it in the car with a FM transmitter.

The reason I like it is that there are no cables for downloading audio files. Instead the unit comes apart into the battery portion and a thumb drive. I just disconnect the thumbdrive, plug it into my USB port and upload the new data. No extra cables to lose.

uforgot
07-08-2007, 05:09 AM
I have an ipod mini, which I love for teaching dance classes. Music right at your fingertips, I plug it into my stereo with an RCA cord, and they are still available refurbished on the Apple website, but my favorite mp3 is the Ipod Shuffle. The new one that clips on your clothes. No screen, but I also listen to audiobooks, so I listen when I paint, clean house, mow grass (with noise canceling headphones). You just remove a book when you are done, and I have my favorite music on it, so when I listen to music, I just get it randomly. Perfect for on the go. It clips right on the hem of my shirt and I don't have to worry about a screen getting scratched. Makes housework much easier since I'm no Martha Stewart! These also work with a cassette adapter or FM tuner in your car.

If you want to read other's reviews and find the perfect mp3 for you, you can go to Amazon.com and read other consumer's reviews or to cnet.com, and find out all you need to know!

Zen
07-08-2007, 06:40 AM
The iPod is so ubiquitous, I just gotta be different. plus they only get music from the imusic store or whatever it's called. i yai yai.

uforgot
07-09-2007, 02:39 PM
The iPod is so ubiquitous, I just gotta be different. plus they only get music from the imusic store or whatever it's called. i yai yai.

I get music from anywhere anyone else gets it. I have only purchased a couple of items from itunes. The rest comes from cds or internet downloads, and I can convert music from anywhere else. napster, whatever. I haven't actually found any music that I can't put on my ipod. Its a very common mis-conception that you can only download music from itunes. Not true.