PDA

View Full Version : Tandem Saddle

Boxergirl
06-29-2007, 07:15 PM
Help! I'm having tandem saddle issues. I've got a Terry Butterfly on my Terry single (Terry classic), and an old Terry Liberator on my symetry. Both these saddles are working fine for me. I've put a butterfly on the tandem, but I can not get comfortable. It seems I have to sit more upright, there is no way around it. The seat won't go any farther back, and if I lower the handlebars any more, my nose will literally be in hubby's crack (he's a foot taller than me, so I'm pretty much staring at his lower back/butt as it is). So, I'm sitting up more, and depending on the adjustments, I'm either in sit bone pain, or we make some changes and I get full-frontal numbness of girly bits. Any ideas, or saddle suggestions for the more upright position? :confused:

carolp
06-30-2007, 08:54 AM
I use a specialized on the tandem and it works great for me, but it's really a personal thing. Does the stoker seat fit you? Have you had a fitting? Also, do you have a good stoker post? That helped a lot in terms of a comfortable ride.

Veronica
06-30-2007, 09:06 AM
I hated the Terry Butterfly on our tandem. I use a Brooks Finesse now and a Thudbuster seatpost. It's a nice combination for dampening the effect of most bumps.

V.

anakiwa
06-30-2007, 12:32 PM
If you think it's the seat position- try a seat post that will allow you to move further back.